Lowest prices for your stay
US$20
View deal
Free cancellation until 22/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Booking.comUS$20
eDreamsUS$20
All reviews air con double room decent breakfast tv egg backpackers temple
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2013

First things first, the hotel isn't bad. It's very clean, the rooms are small but totally livable, and the shared bathrooms are also pretty clean. Also, the rate is pretty decent and the location is good.

You have to pay in advance, and they didn't want to show me the room, but I wasn't going to pay until I at least saw it. He reluctantly showed me the room.

The thing that got me is how rude and unhelpful the staff is. I paid and booked for a bus to Udon Thani, scheduled for a pickup at 7:30am. I had a flight out of Udon Thani to catch, and wanted to make sure that I was on the earliest bus out. I'm there by 7:15am. 7:30 comes around and there's no van, I go to the guy at the front desk and ask where it was, he said he called and it's coming. I ask this same question 3 more times until 8:00am when this specific staff member's shift is up, and he just leaves without any ownership of making sure that the van was coming. I speak to the new staff, and it turns out that the bus has already left. They offered me absolutely no solutions other than telling me that I could get on the 9:00am bus. I asked for a refund, as they completely screwed up, and I may miss my flight, but that was a no go.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank jkraska
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Spent 3 nights here. Small but very clean room with comfortable bed and nice bathroom (hot shower). The location is great, short walking distance to the Mekong.
Staff was friendly and helpful. We didn´t try the restaurant so we can´t say anything about that.
Great value. We would definetly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilahk
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Mixay Paradise has an undeserved reputation among backpackers in Vientiane. There's nothing especially 'bad' about the hostel, but there's nothing remarkable about it either. There are cheaper alternatives literally steps away. The staff are polite and fairly helpful. The location is pretty good; it's located in the heart of the backpacker district. It's not a bad spot if you're in a pinch, but don't expect to be amazed by anything.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Niko S
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We planned to stay here for a week after reading the reviews, but checked out after one night - it really was that bad. We were given the last available room, a tiny windowless box right next to the kitchens, with all the noise and smells such proximity suggests. Despite the miniature size, absence of storage space and awful location, the room was charged at the same rate as any other - which is relatively pricey for Laos. The meagre breakfast was mostly inedible, so it was just as well there was so little of it. Adding insult to injury were the innumerable notices everywhere warning of the hotel's fines for breaking their petty and sometimes bizarre  rules. Fines for having your own food and drink in your room, fines for drinking alcohol in the lounge, and my personal favourite - no laptops at the breakfast table. All that was missing were notices telling you not eat with your elbows on the table, or speak with food in your mouth. The internet curfew (wifi switched off from 11pm to 9am) does little to dispel the feeling that you have checked into a tiny obscure dictatorship rather than a hotel. And as for checking out, you're only allowed to leave once a member of staff has been to look at your room - presuambly searching for evidence that you've had forbidden food or drink there for an extra last-minute fine, as there's certainly nothing you'd want to take with you. One of the most unpleasant places we have stayed in the whole of Asia - and at $20, certainly the worst value.

Date of stay: December 2012
1  Thank reserey
Reviewed 11 January 2013

i stayed here in a single room with aircon in 2nd fl. The room is quite basic and small but very clean, the price is reasonable, I paid for 110,000 kip per night, the location is very good, really easy to be found and close to everywhere, the staff is very nice and helpfull.

Date of stay: January 2013