“Don't book bus”

Ranked #43 of 198 Vientiane B&B and Inns
Luxembourg
“Don't book bus”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Don't book a bus with them. It's more expensive and we get a normal bus to Plain of Jairs instead of a VIP one we paid for. Once arrived in the Bus stations there was no VIP bus to our destination. So we have to travel in a normal one. The travel was not bad, but I felt has someone stolen me.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Thai first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Mixok guest house and Mixok Inn are of the same owner, both are practically next door. You stay in Mixok guest house and have breakfast in Mixok Inn; both have a great location: Right in one of main streets in the center of city, close to place of visit like Wat Sisaket, Hor Phra Keo.... Both are in front of Wat Mixay, near minimart. Close to Night Market... Twice I stay in Mixok guest house: Room is clean and big. Breakfast is very good. Wifi works well. The only one thing that disappoints me is that the man in charge of the Restaurant in MIxok Inn is rudth and not honest: I want to rent a bicycle, at first he tells me a price but when I get the bicycle he asks me for an other price, of cause more expensive.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Good and clean for room,amazing breakfast,
Information girl (Noi) so cute and friendly
Easy for go everywhere
It mean"Perfect hotel"
Nearly good restaurant and nice coffee shop
Nearly bar for nightlife
Can walk to riverside for shopping in night market
Have mini mart near hotel
Cheaper price rate

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keyboardinlove
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We had stayed in the mixok down the street a few nights before and this one was much cheaper. Not sure what the difference was but we paid about $10 instead of $16.

Rooms were very clean and big, wifi worked well and most importantly, it's in a great location right on the main street in town.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Stefanie P
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I booked my bus transport there and was disappointed as to the description of the bus I would be travelling on, Thai bus company VIP with air conditioning turns out it was the standard bus leaving the bus station which if I knew that would have booked it myself for half the price. The bus air conditioning was not working and the windows you could not open. The bus fare Vientaine to Udon Thani cost 22,000 kip roughly 90 baht at the bus station Mixok Guesthouse charged 230 baht for exactly the same bus I did ask the female that served me and was told for that price is was not the standard bus but VIP. I know is only a few bucks but be fair when advising customers next time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Vientiane hotels

Saint-Denis, Reunion Island
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My experience of Mixok Inn was as expected for 600 Baht per room per night. Nothing magic, but I could not fault the place. The food downstairs in the lobby was actually quite nice, maybe I was just hungry ;-)

Treat the Lao people with respect and they in all likelihood will treat you even better in return, One of the guys at reception was more than helpful and assisted us to find taxi's with good rates and was most helpful with directions etc. His English was good, The other guy (different shift perhaps) definitely had a chip on his shoulders, and I can imagine things might go a bit custard if you rub him the wrong way.

Our stay went without incident. Being located on a main road can be a bit noisy at night, with the added entertainment of being the Lady-boy's corner from 10pm, but its all part of the Lao memories now. Its well located, clean and straight forward. Enjoy your time in Vientiane!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a receipt after paying, and keep it with you! Book your room as high up as possibl...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael J
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Where to begin.We are backpacking couple from Dublin,Ireland with average budget before heading to live in Australia.Had good jobs at home but decided to go travelling so have lowered our standard accordingly for parts of Asia and budget etc.The stay was average,staff have limited English which was fine.Our towels in room were dirty which was fine.The ladyboy prostitutes screaming outside our hotel on the street right under our window every night was fine.HOWEVER, when we checked out we were accused of not paying, then for not paying for half of our stay, then we were asked to pay even another half a night and they would pay the rest. We werent given a receipt and they tried to fob us off with a different persons receipt in the book which had included laundry!Long story made short,when we refused, the manager accused us of "being poor,finding Laos too expensive, not able to afford his €13 (less than the average hourly wage in Ireland) a night hotel,"he called us crazy, told me I had "mental problem" because I cried with frustration as this had turned into a screaming argument with this vile man. His name was Tou, aged approx 30 and acted like the alpha gorilla strutting around. He then told us we should never visit Laos again. On reading reviews again now, I see a few people had same problem-given no receipt for payment and then accused of not keeping receipt etc.We met two American guys from the trip in the airport,they had been accused of stealing glasses from their room and asked to pay!!! Tou the manager has been the most VILE rudest person I have met in the entire trip travelling Asia.(Prior to this we had booked an overnight bus to Vietnam with him, he lied about conditions of bus which we discovered at bus station,but that's another horror story about overnight buses in Laos/Vietnam)

• Stayed July 2013