All reviews top floor swimming pool beautiful hotel small gym nice view of the city noisy hotel welcome respite free weights black stupa rooftop restaurant speak fluent english egg station buffet style breakfast spread i highly recommend this hotel fresh towels noodle soup
Reviewed 8 September 2018

This hotel's location is handy to the Talat Sao shopping mall and That Dam (and the U.S. Embassy), and it's a good choice if something in that part of Vientiane is what you need. The room was comfortable and functional, with a couple of peculiarities. The refrigerator froze our soft drinks and the louvered bathroom door was missing a couple of slats. We thought breakfast was pretty good, with a broad variety of buffet-style offerings. Staff were friendly and helpful (bordering on obsequious at times -- I felt like saying "Relax! You're doing fine.") The lobby is spacious and comfortable, and the elevator (or lift, if you prefer) works well. Overall it's pretty good, I'd say, with some room for improvement.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Xiengkhouang
Info X, The Management at Xaysomboun Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Special thanks for your stay with us and thank you for your review. We apologize you for any inconvenience during your stay with us.

We had well noted concern with your comments and suggestions from your review. Guest's reviews are very important for the improvements of service standard. Thanks again for your review, it helps us for the improvements.

Hope to see you again and wishing you all the best.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

The rooms are spacious and nice, and the staff seems very friendly but that's where the positives end. The breakfast was quite average. There was no bathing towel provided on the first day. On the second day, I had issues with my key card, and had to come down to inform the reception, they changed my card which was again not working so had to come down again. Finally they sent someone to fix the sensor itself which had some issues. Same thing happened on the third day. I had to leave for meetings so gave my card at the reception in the morning so they could fix it. When I came back to the hotel in the evening, they returned my card saying it has been fixed. I went upstairs and it did not work so had to come down again to the reception. They then sent someone with me to examine the sensor which was again not working. The guy left me there for about 10 min and came back with a Senior guy, who told me I have to change rooms (on my last night at the hotel!). The whole experience was absolutely avoidable and nothing but a bloody inconvenience which I complained about so the Senior Exec said that as an apology they will not charge me for the 1 water bottle I had taken from the mini fridge (which is ridiculous but at least something!). I packed up and moved to another room at night and was really looking forward to check out of the hotel next morning, when the reception staff promptly gave me the bill for the water bottle! The staff were friendly throughout, but clearly so inefficient, not trained properly and with a significant gap in communication and handover between shifts. It seems to be a good property but definitely ignored both in terms of the facilities upkeep and staff training.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and thanks for choosing our hotel for your stay in Vientiane. We are so sorry to hear that you had faced some difficulties and problems during your stay at our hotel. We apologize you for any inconveniences issues.

After reading your review, the management team members managed a meeting to discuss concern with your review. We well recorded and already reminded to concern departments and managements. They well noted.

Concern with drinking water (complimentary issue), the management had checked and well noted that there was language barriers. Anyway we have to apologize you for inconvenience issue.

Thanks so much for your stay with us and we hope you will give us a chance to serve you again in your next visit to Vientiane.

Wishing you all the best.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I booked using Booking.com and this was the only hotel on our entire trip that had a policy of no cancellation. It was also by far the worst and truly substandard. It is not as in the photographs and is worn, tired, shoddy, smelly and just awful.

When we arrived we were shocked at how bad it seemed. The lobby stank of urine from the dirty toilets and the toilets themselves were full of buckets, odds and ends and were a stinky mess.
They wanted us to pay up front and thankfully I declined and said I wanted to see the rooms first - more because we'd been traveling for a while and this was the first hotel that had asked for this so it was a bit strange.
We were so disappointed by everything in the rooms. It is not well-maintained at all (don't let the photos fool you - there is nothing boutique about this place) and as we were being charged US$549 for four rooms we were appalled.
I went down to reception and asked why the price was so out of line with the quality and she immediately offered me the rooms for US$250 and blamed Booking.com for putting the wrong price on.

My impression was that there is something dodgy going on. The place is being run into the ground and I would NEVER stay here again or recommend it. We should have left but I think they would have charged us the initial amount and we were all tired and it was for one night. I wish we had left though as it made our stay in Vientiene memorable for the wrong reasons.

The breakfast is abysmal. None of us could eat any of it and this place is a total con.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MiAuCa
Info X, The Management at Xaysomboun Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your stay in Vientiane and thank you for taking a time to write a review on TripAdvisor page.

After reading your review we are so sorry to hear that you faced some difficulties and inconvenience issues during your stay with us. We had managed a meeting with all head of departments and discussed about your review. Some managers and staff members shared about their experiences discussion with your group upon arrival.

On behalf of the management, I would like to explain you concern with your comments and complaints, when your group check in (upon arrival) our receptionist requested you to settle your room bill (in fact, that is one of our hotel rules and we have to follow it for all our guests / not only for your group). We hope you had already noted as well when you reserved. And after you inspected to room, you would like to cancel and we accepted your cancellation. And also one of our managers explained you about your room categories and we did free upgrading for two rooms (we upgraded to highest category rooms).

And when you check out you do not want to pay for transportation fees (drop off), that's why we did complimentary arrangement. From our side, we tried the best services for you to get your satisfaction. But you posted this review on TripAdvisor page and when we saw it, we surprised.

Anyway, we need to apologize you for your inconvenience issues. All of us (always keeping in our minds that the customers are always right. And we always put ourselves in the customer's shoes).

Guest's reviews are very important for us and also it helps us for the improvements of service standard. We always take a record from each review (good or bad) for our service standard improvements. But we need to respond the reviews with explanation which is using polite words for sentence construction as per standard. We really need to explain with the reasons and we hope you will give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Once again, thanks for your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future. We apologize you again for your inconvenience issues during your stay with us.

Wishing you all the best and success.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

The room are very clean, with big and good bed. All is fonctionnal (wifi, outlet, lithing, wifi, clim). The decoration is mordern and clean. We book deluxe room and executive suite. The two room are very good. You've got a bathtub in the executive room (with spa fonction). The shower are very large, very good, with a lot of water and hot water. The staff is helpfull. I decided to stay in hotel because it is the better I know for a very reasonnable price (I tried more than 5 hotels before in Vientiane).

Room Tip: The room near he road can be noisy sometime
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Guillaume L

Dear Valued Guest,

Special thanks for taking a time to write a review on TripAdvisor. And thanks indeed for choosing our hotel for your stay in Vientiane. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Once again, thanks so much indeed for your stay with us and hope to see you again in not far future.

Wish you all the best and success.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

If you want a cheap hotel where cleanliness is not an issue stay here. We stayed for 3 nights in this hotel in July but we found it very poor. The rooms were not clean, breakfast was not great at all and the hotel has definitely seen better days. The pool frequently had no towels and even when we asked for them we couldn't get any. We had a room with our son which they had put another bed into but had only given us 1 towel for the night. When we asked to have more towels the guy at reception told us that they only had 2 left and reluctantly gave them to us. I would not recommend this hotel and think you can get more for your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road as it is noisy
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Kadisha L
Info X, The Management at Xaysomboun Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your stay with us and thanks for your review on TripAdvisor.

We apologize you for your inconveniences during your stay with us. After reading your review, we had discussed and shared about your review at HODs (Head of Departments) meeting and well recorded. The management team had already reminded to concern head of departments and well noted.

Guest's reviews are so important for us and help us for the improvements. Thanks again for your review and it helps us for the improvements of service standard.

We hope you will give us to serve you again in your next visit and warm welcome you back. We will try to do the best services for you in your next visit.

On behalf of the management, let me take an opportunity to introduce about our new hotel (link hotel), Azalea Parkview Hotel which will be running the operational very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information about our new hotel. We wish you to enjoy your stay in there in your next visit.

Wish you all the best.