“Okay but nothing fancy”
Review of Youth Inn 2

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vientiane
Youth Inn 2
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Youth Inn 2 is a decent budget hotel to stay at Vientiane. Several things in the room are either broken or breaking up, but what can you expect for a 80000 kip double room. The air-con, the fan, the lock and all the other important stuff worked, though. The room was also quite clean, excluding the spider webs and a few dustballs.

The staff is maybe a little disoriented and they spend a lot of time watching television in the lobby, ignoring their customers. It's okay for us, though.

Nothing spectacular, but worth the kips.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Must be the cheapest place to stay in central Vientiane, just 60000 kip for a double room with hot water bathroom in high season.
Our room (302) had a great view of Wat Mixay and was clean and very quiet at night. What more do you need?
OK, the bathroom had a hole in the ceiling and it's door didn't close properly (had to wedge it shut with a crisp packet when showering!) and the one light in the room was too dim to read by - but really nothing to complain about when you're paying less than £5 a night.
Both the Mekong and plenty of restaurants within a few minutes walk, I doubt you can beat Youth Inn 2 for value for money.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We got the double room with a perfect view towards Mixay Wat for as little as 60 th. kip because it shouldn't have had hot water.
However, surprisingly it was there and despite no WiFi and shabby, somwhere mouldy and webbed interior we enjoyed our stay and central location!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Youth Inn 2 is one of the cheapest places in Kathmandu.

A lot of the reviews I read about this place don't seem fair to me. We saw quite a lot of rooms and most were good enough. We're talking about 50-60,000 KIP/night for a double in Vientiane. This is about as cheap as it gets in this city and it wouldn't be fair to compare the value with what you would get in Vang Vieng for instance.

We stayed here two times, our rooms were spacious and clean enough. Changing rooms or asking for cleaning was not a problem.

They stored our bicycles and luggage for a week free of charge and the guys managing the place were nice.

+ bicycles for 10,000 KIP/day
+ fast laundry for 10,000 KIP/day
- there is no internet in the rooms, but we used our phones with Unitel

-----------

If you want to save money and you don't want to stay in a dorm. Youth Inn 2 is the place to go. We'd go back there any time.

Room Tip: Upper floors are more quiet and cooler. Rooms without windows facing the street or stairs are more q...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was back to Youth inn 2 in the middle of October,2013.The price is a little bit cheaper than before,50000 Kip = 200 Baht for fan room with hot shower and bathroom when I stayed in this time. Also they stopped wifi service and restaurant.
And all staff were changed and I have seen just a few staff only. When I checked to see 2 rooms,I saw many rubbish in the garbage box in both 2 rooms and bathrooms .After checked in I told about it to them and I moved one of the garbage box to hallway. I stayed for 2 nights,but 2 of garbage box were never cleaned up.
Also I saw many someone's hairs in the bathroom too.

Well I am lazy so I did not tell about it to them any more for 2 nights. I can say they have to clean up room, bathroom and the garbage box of course!! It seems very run-down than before.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

Cheap and cheerful, reasonable location, close to river and tourist bars. No Internet! Extra for A/C! The staff I encountered were very helpful and smiley. There's a large common area but its not really used, shame!
There are dorm rooms, doubles and singles, with or without private bathrooms, good enough range to suit most.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

This was the.cheapest place we could find in Vietienne and for the price we paid compared to the other places we viewed, it was really good value. A double with fan was 60,000k. Room was large, bed uncomfortable,shower hot. No wifi.
The chap on the desk couldn't have been more disinterested and unhelpful.
Good for saving money but don't think I'd stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013