“Coffee, cake, lunch?”

Le Banneton
Ranked #1 of 18 Dessert in Vientiane
Cuisines: Deli, French
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This bakery and cafe is the Vientiane, Laos, location of the "Le Banneton" in Luang Pra Bang, Laos, location that has already been set up in reviews.
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This cafe/ bakery is the place to go for breakfast, morning coffee or lunch. They bake their own bread and pastries which are reminescent of France. They have two types of basic croissant (one made with butter) as well as chocolate and almond and of course ham and cheese.
Their salads are innovative (an example smoked duck) and my favourite the open panini cordon bleu.
I highly recommend Le Banneton particularly for those who have been eating local food on their travels and are wanting a little Western fare.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

When in Vientiane, I have to go to Le Banneton for breakfast and sometime for a light lunch. I tried all the different breads and love them. The chocolate croissant is my favorite in the morning with a cup of Lao coffee. For lunch, I like the quiche and the salads, or the sandwiches with real bread, like in Paris

Reviewed 24 March 2014

After eating many stale baguettes in Laos, we thought we'd give this place a try. The prices are a lot higher than any local places or stalls but the quality makes up for it. The baguettes were so fresh and so crispy. The fillings were inventive. We had the beef, mustard and potato as well as the cured ham, butter, semi-dried tomato and gherkin. Both were delicious. Staff and service are great. Worth coming here for a treat.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Really yummy food. LOVELY atmosphere. Really gorgeous little cafe, but I have to say the croissants did not live up to the hype. Lonely planet let me down once again. If you want a lovely atmosphere and some decent pastries definitely go. But it was not as good as the hype.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Delicate light flaky phyllo dough surrounded the pasteries we had each morning at Hotel Dhavara. We only had to walk around the corner to find the source of our delights. Before we flew out of Vietiane we ordered a vegetarian sandwich on a baguette and an apple tart to go. The flavor enhanced our memories of a fabulous eating city.

1  Thank david g