“Excellent mains & desserts”
Review of Bistro 22

Bistro 22
Ranked #65 of 405 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The chef used to run Chez Philippe and Le central in Vientiane.
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I tried this place as an alternative because L'Addresse was closed. It turned out, in my opinion, to be even better than our first choice which I tried the next day. Try the beef ribs medium-rare, and the molten chocolate cake for dessert! You won't regret it, guaranteed!
I spent US$30 for a salad, beef ribs (shared), dessert & wine. Great value for money, and with excellent quality food!

1  Thank KTB11
There are newer reviews for Bistro 22

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Excellent food and drinks, a very enjoyable and pleasant host makes a very good atmosphere to dine in. The only drawback, and this applies to nearly all South East Asian restaurants is to order chicken dishes and never ask for steak. Every time I had ordered steak (medium rare) it came out as tough as old boots.

1  Thank Ian B
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Whenever I get home, I don't need to ask my wife tie about having a meal here - we both love it. Try the beef for two - yummy.

1  Thank edfaigmane
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We enjoyed a lovely evening at Bistro 22. Our starters included a terrine of pork (served with cornichons and a homemade aioli), a cheese wrapped in pastry, and traditional onion soup. We'd pass on the soup in the future- while good, it did not stand out like the other starters. We had lamb shanks, scallops and the stuffed chicken for our main course- each was done with traditional skill and were well seasoned with the impeccable touch that the French have with sauces. We concluded with a molten chocolate cake. Entrees were 160,000 kip (~$20 US) With a bottle of wine, the total for 3 of us came to $120. By local standards this is a lot of money, but I believe this is the best value for this caliber of French food anywhere in the world! Totally enjoyed our evening here (once we found it) Hint- if coming by tuk-tuk write the phone number down and have the driver call the restaurnt if you can't find it!.
Bon Appetite!

1  Thank olly637
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Finally got around to this place and was extremely impressed. The steak set meal was the most delicious cut of beef I've had anywhere. Very simply done with a selection of 3 sauces and French fries or mashed potato as a side.

Salads were excellent, one with home made mozzarella cheese. Location is not is the main tourist area, so it is rarely full, but this should really be one of the top rated spots on TA.

1  Thank pointpelee