“clean & tidy, very central”
Review of iHouse

iHouse
Ranked #87 of 197 Vientiane B&B and Inns
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“clean & tidy, very central”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

The staff are pleasant and help full, tried to be greedy on the nightly rate, so negotiate if you walk in off the street. The small room means small!!. Be aware there,s no lifts, so if your room is on the 3rd floor as ours was, you,be got 60 stairs to climb!! the hotel and our room was clean and tidy, breakfast is toast, tea or coffee, so son,t look for more! I,d stay again, mainly for location.

Room Tip: Try to get a lower floor
1 Thank B M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Thai first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We booked online: the room had no resemblance to the online photos. We were put in a medium sized cupboard which was pitch black with no windows.

They refused to give us a refund. We eventually got a refund and left. The next day they had charged our credit card. We booked on booking.com... however they tried to mark us down as a no show on the website.

These people are devious and can not be trusted.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Vientiane hotels

Peachland, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This place is ridiculous for the price you pay. The breakfast should be called a light snack not breakfast. They shouldn't say they have internet they have a connection that allows you to open your email from time to time within 15 minutes. They shouldn't even call their bathroom a bathroom its a glorified water closet. Finally when they claim on Agoda that there is a window what they really mean is that you have an uninterrupted view of the hallway.
I have had better breakfasts paying 100,000 kip a night you would think at 30 dollars they would be able to rustle up more than some stale baguette, moldy bananas and a single over cooked boiled egg. The first day we were also given cucumbers and the subsequent days we were given individually wrapped cucumbers (my guess is they were the cucumbers from previous days individually saran wrapped to give them some sort of air of freshness). When we asked why they were wrapped this way he replied ''this is the new breakfast'' with a huge smile on his face that if he wasn't Laotian I would have immediately interpreted as pride.
The geniuses are running all three of their routers on just one of these 3G dongles (3G USB keys). The entire hotel and all its guests are sharing a crappy 3G connection in the capitol, one of the few places in Laos with good and proper internet.
We booked the hotel because we had some flight tickets to purchase and I would have liked to skype the family I ended up having to do all this in the cafe around the corner.
It literally is a water closet with no consideration for even attaching a shower curtain where there already is a shower rod so that every time you take a shower the area around that side of the bed isn't inundated.
As for the other comments about mosquitoes. . . its Vientiane its always and everywhere chock full of mosquitoes. I would guess any room under 100 dollars a night is going to have mosquito problems.
I feel sorry for the guys who work there they are just employees most of the problems are the managements fault one of whom I met on my last day. A delusional young woman who I am sure decided to open up this little hotel with Daddies money who hasn't a clue what she is doing. This is the 6th time travelling in South-East Asia and this is one of the more expensive hotels I have ever stayed in and it rates among the worst.

Room Tip: Their special deluxe quiet rooms or whatever they are calling their most expensive rooms are actuall...
1 Thank Laurel_Edith
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I was glad to be meeting new friends for drinks after checking in as I couldn't have sleep in the dungeon that was my delux room without it. This is the best thing I have to say about my stay. My room was infested with Mosquitos, somewhat a concern as there were no windows. I should post pics of my legs after one night in my aircon room. The second day I returned to the hotel to find it locked. Nobody had access for two hours. Absolute disgrace. I left after 2 nights and on checking out the desk argued with me that I hadn't paid. I had prepaid with visa. I had to go back to my room and hunt through the bin for my receipt, they had insisted i pay upfront and had stamped paid on it. No apology - finally got taxi, I was running late for my flight and while in the taxi, the reception desk called me twice on the cab drivers phone insisting I hadn't returned the key and saying they would have to charge me. If it hadn't been such a horrible experience it would be comical! Doesn't deserve to be rated.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel.
Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Rooms are shabby, shower is on top of the toilet, wash basin hangs off the wall, towels smell. And NO windows, and that In a room they call "deluxe".. You have to pay before you can see the room, they charge for using a creditcard. Just don't go.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EmmAmsterdam
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We made a reservation of 2 rooms for me and my friend. When we arrived they told us there where no rooms available. After I said I would phone to my hotel agency they told us that they had 1 room and that we had to share that room. After telling them that I really would phone the hotel agency they finally after 45 minutes they give us 2 rooms on the 5 floor without elevator. The rooms was not cleqned and nothing was working. We did n't get breakfast at all even it was booked.Even after we complained the television was repaired after 2 days but the fridge never worked and we got no soap and no shampoo at all. Really the worst hotel I ever was.
There are some pictures where you could think it is a new hotel but it is just painted little bit from the outside and it is dirty and old. To compensate you can go to the adres of Tinay who is one of the best restaurants in Vientiane.

Room Tip: Never go to this place . It is not worth the name hotel or guesthouse. It is just the worst hotel i...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Frank V
T_diddy
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Our room was billed as 'quiet deluxe'... we had hammering and drills every single morning. Our fridge did not work in the room. With it being hot in Laos we wanted to chill lots of water and so we told the management immediately after checking in. The male manager on reception was very rude and uncaring about any issues. Change rooms, change/fix the fridge, we didn't care, just some action on their part would have been nice. It took all day and 3 separate attempts of going down the 3 floors to tell the staff, to finally get someone to solve the problem.

Almost everytime we passed reception there were guests complaining about different issues. When it was quiet, the male manager would look at passing guests with scorn, clearly he hates his job and has let that hate pass on to customers.

I think even if we didn't have any problems with a loud room, broken fridge, and rude staff, we still wouldn't recommend this hotel on the price alone.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple