“Room without window, Dirty Toilet”
Review of iHouse

iHouse
Ranked #88 of 200 Vientiane B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2013

the hotel is located in center of vientiane, this is ok. Room is too small and without any window. Toilet is 1 square meter, dirty and outdated. I have picture to proof my review. Wifi connection slow.

Room Tip: If you want go this please Ask room with window or balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for iHouse

Reviewed 7 July 2013

My partner and I stayed in this place for two nights. We probably had the best room in the place with good views, however, it was not the best atmosphere. The shower is basically in the toilet and the water did not drain properly. The breakfast is a joke and the staff not very friendly. The location is pretty good.

Room Tip: many rooms don't have windows to the outside
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

We only stayed at iHouse for one night despite intending to stay for three. The Wi-Fi wasn't working in our room, when we informed them of this they didn't seem to care. Later that night we informed someone else on reception of our problem but again, they didn't care - so we left!

The room was ok, big comfortable bed and felt fairly spacious despite the lack of a window (which wasn't mentioned at the time of booking). No window did however mean that the room was quiet and dark so made for a good lie in.

The bathroom was small with the shower directly over the toilet basin but the shower was hot and powerful.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The room we had was beautiful, with a large balcony and windows. There are a few small annoyances about the hotel though. First, the bathroom was too small. I mean, it was so small that taking a shower is difficult for average-sized people. Also, there is not elevator for those who require one or are traveling with heavy lugggage. Finally, communicating with the staff can be difficult. I had my Thai wife with me to speak Thai to them, but getting across the concepts I was trying to ask about left us talking in circles. That can be considered part of the adventure of travel though. Overall, our stay was pleasant and the hotel design is well-done. It seems very ciche and modern. IF booking through Agoda, the price is well-worth it, but don't plan on showing up and booking there. The price is more than double. I even had to book a fourth night through Agoda while at the counter of the hotel if I didn't want to pay an absurd amount.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms have really small bathrooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justin K
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The place is near the area where most tourist attractions are located. I love the fact that it is near the Mekong river.

Book in advance. The bed is queen-size hence big enough for an Asian like me.

Staff speaks good English and accommodating. Cheap and clean. With free wifi even inside the room.

Bus to Vang Vieng can be arranged here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank jaysantos_dot_ph
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Clean and convenient with good hot water in the shower.

I booked this through booking.com and had a problem with my card but I arrived early and paid in cash. That the hotel then wanted to report me as a no show did not impress. Given that there is not supposed to be a charge in advance, the card is a guarantee.

The service was mediocre.

The room was on the fifth floor, stairs only but I knew that and was not perturbed, I only had a small bag though. The room had a small window to the outside so there was natural light. The air-con worked but it was noisy. Not as noisy as the building work on the floor that woke me, admittedly late, the next morning.

The room was small, but it was cheap and I was only sleeping in it so that was fine. The mattress was due for replacement, okay but time for a change. The room was clean, apart from a hair on the bed. I have a thing about human hair so more about me than the hotel.

They provide water, but no fridge.

Breakfast is European, bread and jam, not American or English if that is what you want for breakfast there are plenty of places around. Good coffee.

There are better in the area at the price. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good and I'll give it a miss next trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Standard Room
Negatives:
The room was small and the bathroom compact. We had to ask for the layer of dust and dead insects to be removed from under the bed and even after this the floor there remained dirty The mattress was soft and broken on one side, so gave no support. Although included breakfast is very poor, only bread, jam, butter and coffee/tea. WIFI is very slow with poor connectivity. They only have 2 bicycles for rental, one of which is broken.

Possitives:
Free bottled water at all times, free tea/coffee at all times. Mostly helpful, cheerful staff who are always very willing to do their best. Bedrooms serviced on request. Good satelite chanels and flat screen TV.
Very well located within easy access of most places of interest and places to eat.

Room Tip: Be aware that only deluxe rooms have windows, all others are without one. Standard rooms are very sm...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vientiane
New Lao Silk Hotel
#12 of 200 in Vientiane
No photo provided
Pathoum Phone Guesthouse
#101 of 153 in Luang Prabang

Been to iHouse? Share your experiences!