“Very good deal”

Ranked #26 of 94 Hotels in Vientiane
Vientiane, Laos, Asia
“Very good deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I discovered this hotel on the way to Cambodia embassy,is a bit out from the city center,about 10 ,minutes by Tuk Tuk,but for only 50 bucks I got a beautiful room with large
breakfast buffet.Also close to the hotel,there is a fantastic Italian restaurant.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Middlesbrough
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, great facilities. Rooms were clean, modern & spacious. Food was good and reasonably priced. Free shuttle service into town & airport is great. I had a very relaxing stay here, and made use of the grand piano in the lobby!

Only negative I can think of if the extremely poor wifi connection.

Id stay again.

Stayed August 2014
Rashmi's The Pl... H, Public Relations Manager at Rashmi's Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear craigos24,

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review for Rashmi's The Plaza Hotel. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience with us overall. It was a wonderful experience hearing you play the piano. All of our staff and management greatly enjoyed it and we hope to experience it again from your side in the near future.
Regarding the WIFI issue, we would like to apologize for that inconvenience once again and assure you that we have made progress and recovered our WIFI to be much more stable and reliable. Once again, we thank you and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Bangkok
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Room was nice and big, clean with modern facilities. Shower cubicle was tiny. Nice big bath. Shuttle bus leaving every hour and picking up on the half hour in town. Staff very pleasant and helpful.

It is a little out of town will very few tuk tuks passing by to get transport outside of the normal shuttle run. Staff are happy to call a taxi which only takes about 5 minutes to arrive and reasonably priced. Location for some is going to be the draw back, but there are options to get around this.

Buffet breakfast is average to ok, ate their only twice in the 5 days were were there. It has the basics and is good enough if you want have some food before going out for the day.

Free transportation to the airport. I believe there is a pick up service at the airport to the hotel, but we missed t his on our booking. Very good service in a new air conditioned van.

Internet was down on arrival, that was rectified the following day. Although the connection dropped out when not continuously used it was a reasonably fast connection.

Nice pool area with good views across to Nong Khai and the Meekong. Cocktails by the pool were very good at great prices ... the one staff member servicing the pool area could have done better to check on guests at the poolside rather than glued to the TV in side the building.

Best points: Staff are very good. Hotel is modern with good facilities. Very good hotel.

Warning: Dont use the salon certainly not a qualified hairdresser on the day we booked. Had two locals guysby the pool fully dressed taking pictures with their mobiles as we were getting in and out of the pool. When confronted they took off.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear MG22Bangkok,

Thank you for taking out the time to write to a review for Rashmi's The Plaza Hotel. We hope that you had a pleasant experience overall. We take all feedback and constructive criticism with all seriousness and have moved forward in improving. We hope to provide with a better service for you during your next hopeful visit with us.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Not really sure what I should say about this Hotel. It is modern, overdone, lots of glass and "kitsch". The rooms have a good size.

Here is what I liked:
- good breakfast, nice selection
- great fitness center
- free shuttle to town and airport

What was bad:
- Room was dirty when we moved in - Cigarette buds under the sink, in a non-smoking room
- the room was not cleaned very well
- the whole Hotel smelled moldy
- Water in the Swimmingpool had a weird colour and smelled
- everywhere the paint was peeling off the walls and if you walk on the 5th floor to the swimming pool from the rooms, the wooden stairs are molded
- the waterboiler in our room had mold in it

This Hotel is selling itself as a business hotel and 5 Stars... That is not worth it. The Staff was always helpful and friendly but mostly very poorly trained. I guess the problem off the Hotel is a management problem. They need to do something and than this Hotel can be a great place.

PS: I noticed the Manager likes to comment on every post here - maybe he should better spent the time and train his staff and work on the issues that coming up again and again in the reviews!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sharkfriend
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This family owned hotel is a delight, with extremely helpful and friendly staff, comfortable rooms and a relaxing atmosphere. Its location is rather unexciting, although it is only a few minutes walk from the Mekong river; ideal for an early morning run! Situated about 3 kilometres from the town, the hotel provides a free shuttle bus, running every hour. Although a return journey can be booked, it is usually more convenient, and lots of fun, to return in one of the numerous tuk-tuks, for about 50,000 kip (around £3.60). Apart from breakfast, which was good, we only ate in the restaurant once and the meal was very good. Downsides? The free WiFi was unstable, especially in the first couple of days; this was attributed to the server being inactivated by a recent thunderstorm and the service improved later. Apart from that, my wife and I hugely enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

When staying at this hotel I wished I had believed many of the other reviews warning about it. But I must say, there were bad and good things about the hotel.

Let's start with what I liked: I liked the staff, they were very friendly and always tried to help.
Unfortunately they are not too well trained in what they do and many don't speak English very well but I think that's rather bad management than the staffs fault.

I did like the breakfast buffet as well. Very good choice of food and usually fresh (except on the last day I was there. That day they warmed up the noodles from the day before on the buffet and but them back in) but other than that good food, good variety.

I didn't liked a few things but want to point out two:
1. Cleanliness of the room: Even after pointing it out ones, the room didn't got cleaned well. I could see that it was not vacuumed and also it was still dirty in the bathroom.
2. The pool: The water in the pool. I'm not sure what was wrong with it but it had a weird green color and didn't look inviting. I swam in it and my clothes got moldy afterwards. Not sure what is wrong with the pool.

I recommend choosing a different hotel just because for that amount of money they charge you can expect a clean room. And a good pool.

One last comment: A lot of corners in the hotel are old, smelly and moldy (for example the 5th floor when going from the old to the new building to the pool). I believe the hotel was beautiful ones but the owner or management don't invest in keeping it up which is sad.

I'm sure you find another better place in Vientiane.

PS: To the management: No apologies needed from you. You know that what I write is true and anyone else who was there also. Don't write anything but do something please. You have great staff. Train them and work with them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank LoveThaiifoodAndMore
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Perfect place to stay in Vientianne. Rich interior, absolutely great hospitality and eventhough it is a little away from the town, the hotel provides great shuttle service which is so convenient and it was seriously so helpful. They have airport pick up and drop off and great service. I would have rated the hotel excellent if the wifi would have worked as promise. They had a bad thunderstorm few days before we came over, thus wifi was quite bad. Just need to fix that and it is certainly a 5 star place to stay.

Note: Every evening the housekeeping leaves a fresh leaf on our bed mentioning "Sweet Dreams" "Have a memorable stay" etc... those gestures really made our day.. Thank you Rashmi.

Room Tip: My studio was great and I presume the rest would be good too.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Rashmi's The Pl... H, Public Relations Manager at Rashmi's Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Devika R,

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review on Trip Advisor for Rashmi's The Plaza Hotel. We are so happy to know that you found your overall stay comfortable and that we were able to meet your 5 star expectations. We would like to apologize once again for the internet issue. Due to the storm our server was shocked multiple times which led our entire building's internet to slow down. However, we were able to retrieve a new server and the internet is back up to par. Overall, we are glad to know that the rest of our services met your expectations. Thank you once again and we are looking forward to serving you again in the near future!