“Very good”
Review of Lao Plaza Hotel

Lao Plaza Hotel
Ranked #21 of 95 Hotels in Vientiane
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The location of the Lao Plaza is good, as you can walk to the restaurants, markets and the Mekong river. The room we stayed in was very nice and spacious. It had desk with 2 chairs and a lounge chair. The bed was very comfortable, the best till so far in Laos.
There is NO FREE WI FI in the room and we had to pay USD13 per day to have internet access in the room. It was free in the Terrace Cafe near the pool. The pool was under repair and it was noisy, dusty and hot in the cafe. And the drinks are overpriced.
Later in the room we tried the wifi with the pool username and password and it worked!!
The breakfast was very good. They even had cheese!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Qcruiser

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I love the lobby of the Lao Plaza Hotel and the grandur it alludes to. Naturally, the shops are completely overpriced. The buffet is quite good, but also expensive. My roomrate was decent, but I was expecting more given the actual hotel. The room, as others have said, was dated and not of the caliber anticipated. Even getting internet was difficult. There was a network cord in the room, and then separate instructions for contacting business services for wifi.....really, you had to sign up for 100,000 Kip about $12 for 24 hours service, not so bad. However, before activating, the hotel had to send someone up to my room to get me to sign a chit that I would add to my bill. BUT, the staff were super friendly, and the bed was good!

Room Tip: I would try out the Presidential Suite and see if that has been renovated yet!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2012

realy nice hotel , in a great location, the breakfast was very good and has everything you may want, didnt give 5 out of 5 as we were charged per day for internet access in our room, which i feel for a hotel of this standard it should be included.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank petebetter
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed in Lao Plaza Hotel two times on business trips.
I always remember my arrival the 1st time, when I was greeted by an exquisite "sa bai di" by the beautiful receptionist. Welcome to Lao!
I loved to stay in this hotel. I was on the executive floor.
FYI this hotel is where official delegations often stay. On my 2nd stay I was asked to transfer to another room because there was a vietnamese delegation coming. I didn't mind.
The staff is super gentle.
I naturally helped them when preparing "Sommet de la Francophonie" with some translations.
One cons is the relative age of the rooms, and the noisy A/C system.
My nights were not so sweet. But the rooms are very comfortable.
The lobby is pleasant, with newspapers available.
I loved the breakfast service, a wide choice available: sausages, eggs by order, ham, cereals, viennoiseries, etc.
Like I said they welcome officials quite often.
In my time they also welcome a group of models for a fashion show in Vientiane :)
What a marvel to see beautiful, unmade-up girls, early in the morning for breakfast :)
I would love to stay again in Lao Plaza.
Plenty of nice restaurants by walking distance, I should add.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank needlehill
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Staying in Lao Plaza Hotel is business with leisure.... rooms are clean and well kept, courteous staff and good food available.... I love the pastries and cake at the bakery at the lobby...

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ChaGonzales
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We booked 4 rooms for 2 and 3 nights in this hotel for first the location in the center and second for the swimming pool.
When we check in we see that the swimming pool was not available (under renovation but nobody work!!!)
we ask to see the manager and nobody come.During 3 days it was impossible to see one person who was in charge of the hotel.
At the check out we request again to see the manager,,, no way....
I will not recommend this hotel for also the very old equipment of the room.and ...the restaurant staff was also very lazy, we request an expresso at the breakfast and they say you have to pay extra,,,after complaining again they cancel the charge of our expresso.

Many new hotels in Vientiane are offering now better rates and better services.....

Room Tip: better stay In Green Park hotel ....
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank victoriahoian
Reviewed 17 March 2012

A large international style hotel with all amenities ( except pool temporarily out of action) but rather soul less. Staff not as friendly and helpfull as others. Well located, free wi fi, expensive coffee and snacks.

• Stayed: March 2012