“Nothing to remember”

Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 2007 Benoni Cafe is a popular spot among expatriates and locals alike. Due to its great location in the heart of the capital the cafe is becoming a great stop for tourists after their stroll in the city center. Serving home roasted coffee, homemade cakes and unique dishes from our very own family recipes, using local and imported ingredients. We are famous for our fresh fruit juices and crispy baguettes among "falang". Always striving for quality and improvement to ensure always a memorable visit to our customers.
Basel, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing to remember”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was drgged there for a business lunch. We ate. I think it was pasta. Soft and tasteless. Nothing to remember.

• Visited February 2014

• Korean first
  • Thai first
ontario
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I really enjoyed this restaurant which is popular with the business crowd in Vientiane. I was ready for a change in diet from Asian food and really enjoyed the experience. Very clean and bright area with excellent service, I would recommend this restaurant if visiting the city.

Visited January 2014
Port Vila, Vanuatu
“Elegant cafe; excellent value food”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Really liked lunch at this rather elegant cafe. Lots of well dressed types having working lunches, but also a few tourists and travellers. Food was good and excellent value at 25,000kip for an Asian dish. Wifi worked well. Service was good.

• Visited November 2013
Vientiane, Laos
“Not very impressed, charged my friend for a broken glass and the food is very bland”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Went with a group of friends and ordered a variety of dishes, my 'Chop Suey' With rice was very very bland! Didn't really taste of anything, my friend ordered a salmon burger and instead received a horrible looking slab of processed meat/fish.

The worst aspect of the visit was my friend accidentally knocked a glass over and broke it (Accidents happen) Which they then added on to the bill at the end for a far inflated price of the actual cost, I've never ever had any restaurant in the world charge for breaking a class or plate, accidents happen but clearly not in their eyes, will not go back!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank supernova-dw
Phonesavanh V, Owner at Cafe Benoni, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Hello supernova-dw,

We are very disappointed to read your bad review of our cafe, though we have been trying so hard to please our customers.

Concerning the taste of the Chopseuy, which is coming originally from China, it's almost authentic. I'm wondering if you have ever tasted a real Chopseuy before. Anyways we can't discuss about each person's taste buds, it'll take ages.
Concerning the "process burger", I can confirm it's homemade. I don't know what makes you say so. Guess you might not be familiar with homemade style burger, I'm sorry for that.
Coming to main message of your negative review: the broken glass. "accidents happen" very true, anywhere and everywhere. Some places charge their customers some places not. We charge, no more discussion.
Thanks for your review anyways, we are always happy about your effort to write.
Best regards,
The management
Vientiane, Laos
“Good food, beautifully designed room, reasonable prices”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Set above Phimphone supermarket almost opposite Namphu (or what remains of it!) this simple restaurant offers a good range of fresh and tasty food in what is one of the best designed and brightest rooms in Vientiane. The service is excellent, prompt and efficient. Only house wine, but always fresh and at a reasonable price. Sadly it closes at 6PM and is not open on Sunday. A great place for a snack or light meal.

• Visited August 2013