“Clean and spacious”

Douangpraseuth Hotel
Ranked #70 of 95 Hotels in Vientiane
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Clean rooms, fast wi fi, elevator, perfect price compared to backpacker hotel.
Perfect for thai visa. Please not that the Embacy closes on weekend. Good location. Some strange rules of the hotel as it closes doors at 11:30 pm!!!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 July 2013

The hotel is clean and well located in Vientiane.
There are a lot of restaurant and shops within walking distance.
Friendly staff although not all of them can speak English.
Overall this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My visit to laos was purely for a thai visa and this hotel was perfect for that reason. It was safe, rooms are big and clean and the tv and wifi were very good. It is not near the city centre but that fact is not hidden.

The breakfast is fine and standard for mid range hotels, i dont agree with the negative reviews, i am not sure what people expect for a mid range hotel price.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2013

As other posters have pointed out, a one minute walk to the Thai Consulate. So handy if you're only up for a Thai visa.
It's about a good 20 minute walk to the morning market. If you're going to take a tuk tuk instead, expect to pay around 200 Baht for the same journey.
If you're after any nightlife, forget it. There's nothing nearby, apart from a couple of little restaurants and a pizza place. Suited me though!
The hotel itself is fine. Big modern and clean spacious rooms, TV, fridge and a decent bathroom. If you walk in off the street, the price is 800 Baht per night, cheaper through the internet.
The breakfast was OK , not a huge choice though.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I am writing to warn people not to stay here, I found it entirely inhospitable for a number of reasons that lead me to flee after one night despite being broke and having already paid for two nights. The hotel is not near anything besides the Thai consulate so even if you are staying here for purposes of a visa run you will have to take tuk tuks in and out of town to eat and have something to do between waiting for your documents, so you aren't saving any money staying here. As for the hotel itself it is utterly depressing. It's a concrete compound atrociously decorated, with dirty, thin walls (mosquito guts, prints of all kinds, spider webs and I heard my neighbors coughing all night). The breakfast is a deplorable offering of stale white bread, fake orange juice and some local food. The first room I was was given was absolutely infested with mosquitoes. I have lived in SE Asia for several months and Uganda for a year and I swear I have never seen so many mosquitoes in one place. I cleared the room with bug spray three times and still could not get rid of all of them. (Between my second and third attempt to clear the room there was also a cockroach the size of my palm in the bathroom.) I was given a second room that had fewer mosquitoes, but had a horrible musty odor. I cleared this room and waited outside for an hour and came back to a floor littered with dead and dying mosquitoes, one very thoughtfully doing so in my most uncomfortable bed. So unless you want to feel incredibly uncomfortable hearing your neighbors all night, fighting off bugs for hours, staring at dirty walls and smelling foul odors while trying so sleep on bedsprings covered with cloth, I cannot recommend more strongly not to stay here. In fact, for only about $12 more a night you can stay at the miraculous Vayakorn Inn, which I did and felt like I had been transported from a special place in hell to Xanadu.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Natalie C
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights in January for business. The location and hotel facilities are good enough in this city. The breakfast can be improved with more option. What made me surprise was the staff, they are very friendly. Thank to Lam Phon, Boun, Nay and all the staff at Douang Pra Seuth Hotel. The internet and cable tv are good. The negatif thing is only the mosquitos! Other than that, overall my stay was nice at this hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Brian S, Manager at Douangpraseuth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2013

Thank you very much for your review & feedback. We will find solutions to get rid of mosquitos in the near future.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

I stayed in this hotel in January/2013, and first of all, it is very far from the city center and the taxis are very expensive to get there. The only option to eat is a Pizzeria, just beside the main entrance. As for the hotel, the rooms are good but what I did not like was the attitude of the manager. We had settled by internet a price for a van for a city tour, as we were a group of 7 people, and in the morning he said the price was higher. Whwn we arrives, at around 4:30 pm, he charged more, saying that the van arrives after time (we had agreed for a full day tour). The same happened with the transfer for the airport, for a 6 am flight, when at the last minute he said the price was higher, and we did not had any choices, as it was very early in the morning and there were no taxis around. So be careful, they are not very honest at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MARCIA1965
Brian S, General Manager at Douangpraseuth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Dear Ms. Marcia,

I am Brian and I am the General Manager of Douangpraseuth Hotel. I would like to apologise with regard to the issue that had caused you felt getting advantage of.

First of all, I would like to clarify about the situation of the van service, I might not have made it clear to you from the beginning so that was my mistake and I apologise. The only service that we provided to you was Airport Collect and we did collect 10$ for this service.

Also the tour city service we helped you call our partner van driver and you did agree with your email from 8AM - 4PM for 50$ and if later the driver will charge 7$ per hour with that I did not see any issue because you had arrived at 4:30PM so it was right that he charged 1 more hour over time. (I will send you your confirmation email about the van city tour price.)

For the Airport Drop Off service we are not providing until 8AM (you did not ask us with your email if you could provide you an Airport Drop off at 4:30AM) because it's too early for our stuff to come for his shift & It is very hard to get anyone to come and collect you to the airport at 4:30AM in the morning so the driver asked if he could get 20$ for the trip (first he thought 15$ because we asked him to discount for you and he was ok with that, then later 10 or 15 mins he called back and asked for 20$ if not he could not make it). Therefore, we had to ask you again.

With all the call and the helping you getting the van service/driver, we did not get any COMMISSION from him but we requested and asked for discount to help you get a better price.

I am as the General Manager and you blamed that I am not honest and helpful to you. I apologise but I did try my best to get you the best price possible.

Best Regards,