Vientiane GuestHouse
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Vientiane
See available hotels
Mongkol Hotel(Vientiane)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Mekong Hotel(Vientiane)
  • Restaurant
Cosmo Hotel(Vientiane)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We arrived to find that the management of the guest house had apparently changed and the new owner had no knowledge of our Hostelworld booking. Instead of offering an apology and refunding my $10 deposit, he suggested that I kindly 'forget' about it and agree to take a room at a higher price to the one I had booked. Thanks a million! Stay here and be scammed.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We booked this hotel by making searching on internet, we found this guesthouse. We spent nearly one week here, we felt satisfied with the room, staff and service. The location is terrific,very walkable and close to tons of great little local sidewalk eating places, and right by the night walking streets. We'd stay there again for sure

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We honestly experienced no problems with this hostel - the guy (Ming or Michael) runs the whole place by himself and does a great job. His English is perhaps not the best but he is always trying to learn. I have read some of the other reviews and didn't find anything like that at all. The room was fine - big bed, shower, TV, air con - what else could you need? When we asked Ming to help us organise a bus to Luang Prabang he did so straight away, and also set us up with accommodation with his cousins at the excellent Khammany Inn.

Honestly, this place was fine and made our stay in Vientiane very pleasurable.

Room Tip: You need to press the little button in the middle of the door knob on the way out to get it to lock. You can't use the key to lock it from the outside, only to unlock, but the doors are secure.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

At 1st glance the hostel looked ok. When checking in we asked about the free airport transfer that was offered online & we were told that we had to pay. I got on the website & showed where in capital letters it stated free airport transfer & the guy finally gave in after a lot of arguing. The door to our room barely closed or & you needed to force it to open & we later found out that once you're in the bathroom you can't get out as the knob was broken & there needed to be a 2nd person in the bedroom to get you out. When I told the guy about it he was unconcerned & laughed saying he would fix it soon. There was also a horrible toilet/sewer smell in the bathroom. The room had no towels, soap or toilet paper so I had to go ask. I got the Tp & towels & when I asked for soap the guy asked if the website said there was soap included. Seriously?! That's a basic for even the lowliest guest house! It gets better.... The sheets & duvet were full of stains & generally looked unclean. I used my sleep sack that night because I was totally grossed out & I've slept in some questionable places before! Upon waking up I discovered multiple bed bugs crawling on the bed *shudders* I just pray they didn't get into all my stuff because that would be a nightmare.Also, there was barely any water pressure in the shower so it took me ages to wash & rinse with the little trickle coming out. As an additional note, the free breakfast is only toast & tea. My friend & I paid $30 total for the night & we were totally ripped off. Other people staying there also had issues being in a noisy room with the water tank above them so every time anyone used water in the hotel it would be really loud. The guy at the hotel insisted it was ok because it wasn't a constant noise. Only after they threatened to leave in the middle of the night due to the noise did they get a room change. Beware & just go find somewhere else to stay that's cleaner & cheaper!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Booked for two nights at the hostel and were redirected to the guesthouse which was fine. Still nicely located for everything in the town (not that there's much!) and our room was a decent size. However there was an extra single bed in there which meant the double was squashed up against the window and left about 6inches between the beds as floor space so it felt cramped. Our bedroom door would jam and I need to use my body weight to open and close it. Similar issues with the bathroom door, but with added broken handle so we got locked into it a few times. Chap from reception fixed this on our second day, he also remove the extractor fan filter in the bathroom to get rid of the bad sewage smell, and left dirt and dust all over the floor. Only 2 bulbs out of 9 worked meaning there was poor light, and the balcony outside the room was filled with old dirty mattresses. Our sheets and towels were all stained with what looked like blood spots, which is understandable with the amount of Mosquitos in the room. We have stayed in worse for longer and in fact would have endured 4 more nights if the guy wasn't asleep in reception at 3pm and grumbling when we woke him to speak to him about all of the above!! He was quite rude, and not very helpful during any part of our stay. Breakfast is jam on toast - cook it yourself at the back of reception. Not good value for money - definitely worth paying a little extra for somewhere nicer...!

• Stayed: November 2012