All reviews swimming pool night market nice pool noodle soup tuk tuk walking distance mekong riverside laundry
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I have stayed in many 3-star hotels in Vientiane, but this is the only one I would rate as 2-star and not 3-star. The staff - apart from those who cleaned the room who were excellent - were unfriendly and seemed not to care about either their job or their guests. I f all you wan to do is sit around a pool all day, then I am sure it would be OK. But that is not me. I like to go out and see the place. I hired the hotel car on three occasions and it was the biggest waste of money as the driver - who did speak English seemed in no mood to explain anything or even to want to wait while we visited a temple or whatever else. Also I telephoned the hotel beforehand and asked them to send the car to meet us at the airport, but not there when we arrived. When I got to the hotel by taxi I was told it was the driver's dinner time so he couldn't go!!! When I was leaving I again ordered the car to take us to the airport but the driver arrived 3-mintes later saying he ahd to take his wife somewhere. Lastly where the staff are concerned, I ordered two fried eggs for breakfast each of the three mornings we were there and the restaurant seemed to think that was a total insult. I travel every month but have never come across a hotel with staff like that. Such a pity as it coud be a very nice place. I would recommend it to absolutely no one.

Room Tip: Don't even think of going there - go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

It's cheap it's location is ideal pool and room fine staff friendly it's a $40 night hotel you get exactly what you pay for it's cheap and cheerful
Would stay there again don't expect the Ritz but it's fine

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We thought we would book a simple and cheaper hotel with a pool as we were only in Vientiane for 2 nights. We also booked it as it has a pool (which is about 10m long). We were going to skip breakfast and go and find somewhere a little bit "nicer" but we were so wrong . They showed us the menu and we sat down and it looked really nice. It had eggs, pancakes , noodles and other stuff. So overall I think that is a Vientiane hidden secret. Definitely recommended !

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

I had a really lovely stay at Vientiane Garden Hotel. Booked 1 nights and ended up staying 3 nights. I didn't want to leave!
The room was super cleaned every day with free bottles of water and freshly towels, pacious and with a comfortable double bed.
The hotel is really nice with a beautiful architecture, a nice pool and courteous staff.
Breakfast was delicious and there were plenty choices.
Location is perfect, walking distance from the Mekong River and loads of bars, restaurants and cafes. At walking distance also few stunning Buddhist temples.
I will highly recommend this place. I'm glad I booked here and I will come back.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2017

A good hotel that offers everything that can be expected at the price. Good location offers access to major city attractions within walking distance. The pool for unwinding after the activities is the additional positive feature. Rooms are equipped to the hotel standard. The WiFi is poor at some times and adequate at other hours. The reception offers the whole package of services of a tour agency. Breakfast is prettu weak, but not much more could be expected given the hotel price and class. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is adequate for 1-2 nights stay, but no more is needed to see the town.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple