All I heard and read about with regard to high class hotels in Vientiane was Settha Palace this and that. Well, I'm sure Settha Palace is wonderful but they could not--until the last minute--find availability for both of our nights in Vientiane so we booked at the Green Park. We paid about the same or a bit less than Settha Palace but I was very, very satisfied.
From the start, I found the airport pickup and the drop-off/pickup service to town very flexible and comfortable. New cars, nice drivers. The lobby is well air-conditioned with helpful, smiling staff.
Our room was well-appointed, had a great view of their absolutely exquisite pool area, and their bathroom was modern and fascinating. I wish I had a photo but basically, they have a glass wall adjacent to the length of the tub in the bathroom. On the other side of the glass wall is basically a fully-private, 100% enclosed garden that you cannot enter. It could sound a little exhibitionist/voyeur-like but trust me, it is none of that and only very cool and peaceful even.
The hotel location is very convenient. We walked practically everywhere with no hassle and felt safe doing so. I say this because I recall reading people saying the hotel was out-of-town, etc. It is a 5-min. shuttle from the center of town on the hour in the evening with a pickup time of YOUR choosing. They will shuttle you to the airport at no charge. The walk to the main temples is less than 10-15 minutes. I don't deem this an inconvenience. It's also a 5-10 min. walk from the main market, which is fun to shop at and the biggest in Laos.
The pool was not only stunning but comfortable. The pool towel service could be more attentive though. The business center is sufficient with two modern PCs and is free. The spa was alright but I'd recommend going to a place in town as you'll get at least as good a treatment for a better price.
Finally, check out Caruso Lao crafts while there. www.carusolao.com. Owner Sandra Yuck is delightful and makes the best quality silks, woodcrafts, and silver items you'll find in Laos and probably the best you'll find in all of SE Asia. Plus, she is fluent in English having grown up in Canada though has lived in SE Asia for nearly 40 years now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Green Park Boutique Hotel is capturing a Lao style orientation with a finest contemporary architecture of Laos. The elegance of the interiors, both historic and contemporary, and glorious settings are combined to create the most distinguished collection of stylish and luxury hotel in Vientiane.Green Park Boutique Hotel is perfectly located in the central business and embassy district, with a walking distance to Morning Marketing Shopping mall (Talat Sao Market) and tourist attractions. The hotel provides free of charge scheduled shuttle bus to city center as well as complimentary bicycles use to explore most of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Green Park Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Park Boutique Vientiane
- Hotel Green Park Boutique