All reviews infinity pool club lounge mosaic restaurant conference facilities splash bar jacuzzi and sauna ihg rewards club ihg group hour gym rooms are modern strongly recommend this hotel separate bath great hotel rain shower short drive from the airport asian cuisine working desk
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

My second stay at Crowne Plaza Vientiane. First was last year shortly after they opened, and had a very enjoyable time. This time was for three nights and once again it was what you would expect from a 5 star hotel anywhere in more developed Asian cities. It is located only a short ride from the airport. Transport from the airport was arranged through the hotel and pick up was seamless. Good conference facilities and breakfast had good selection. I have two suggestions that would make this place even better. First, it does not take American Express, which was no big deal as Visa was accepted. This was also an issue at my last stay. Would be good if that was rectified. Second, the Spa closed rather early at 8pm. Having it open till later would be great.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Oliver H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vientiane, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear "Khoon G", thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us and greetings from all of us at Crowne Plaza Vientiane. We are very happy that you enjoyed your second stay with us at least as much as the first one and that our team looked after you very well. Of course we have noted your comments about using American Express - unfortunately, this is beyond the control of the hotel as the only bank that clears American Express cards in Laos has very unreliable clearing services and the opening hours of the Spa. Those opening hours are scheduled based on reviewing the using patterns of our guests but we are more than happy to arrange for other times for individual guests as long as you give us a few hours notice - the team will be happy to oblige.
Thank you again for having been our guest - it was our pleasure to take care of you and we hope you will visit us again. Until then, we wish you all the best and safe travels.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

It's comfortably the best hotel in Vientiane and the perfect choice for business travellers. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious, great gym and pool, tasty food, good service and suitable location. Very impressed ......

Room Tip: The higher the better the view .....ask for the "pool view" the cityscape on this side is much nicer ....
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Oliver H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vientiane, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear "ChrisSurb", hello from all of us at Crowne Plaza Vientiane and thank you so much for your friendly feedback after your stay with us. The team and I are happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us and we'd love to be your "home away from home" in the future! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

...and a very pleasant one! I mean no disrespect, but when I planned visiting Vientiane I was prepared for some more basic accommodation. Well, this hotel was a gem! It could have been situated anywhere in Europe or North America (in fact I've been to plenty of more expansive and a whole lot worse hotels there). Everything at Crowne - restaurants/rooms/staff/pool/ was done to a very high standard. This hotel reminded me a bit about Scandinavia, but without the huge prices one would be charged there. I could strongly recommend this place to anyone visiting Vientiane.

Stayed: August 2018

Dear "Dimitar S", wow, thank you so much! The team and I are so happy to see that you have enjoyed your time with us at Crowne Plaza Vientiane this much. We love that you loved the facilities just as much as your interactions with the team and thank you very much for your awesome feedback! It was our pleasure to look after you during your visit and we hope to welcome you again soon! Until then, we wish you all the best and safe travels!

Reviewed 26 August 2018

This hotel is incredibly new. The room was nice and clean with all the amenities you would need. Great location, only 10-15 minutes walk to the city centre. Overall, I had a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Oliver H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vientiane, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear "Jasmin P", thank you so much for your friendly feedback after your recent stay with us. The team and I are very happy to see that you had a great time at the hotel and we hope to welcome you again in the near future! Until then, we wish you all the best!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

I’m lucky enough to travel extensively so I get to see a lo5 of hotels however the Vientiane Crowne Plaza may be my new favourite.
The hotel is new , opening in January 2017, it’s located around 15 minutes drive from the airport and is centrally located with lots of attractions and things to do within walking distance.
The hotel has excellent WiFi (free), a very well equipped gymnasium, a lovely infinity pool, two excellent restaurants and a great lobby bar. The rooms are large, comfortable and well appointed.
So all in all what you would expect for a new hotel - however the thing (for me) that sets the Crowne apart is the level of service. Every staff member is so attentive, friendly and polite; nothing is too much trouble and always delivered with that wonderful Lao smile. The staff go out of their way to ensure every aspect of your stay is as perfect as they can make it. Unobtrusive, proactive, friendly , polite - the staff take this hotel from great to wonderful - other hotels could learn from this team!
Knob chai Crowne Plaza - I hope to be back soon!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark A
OliverHorn, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vientiane, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear "Mark A", well, there is another great start into my day! Thank you so much for your awesome feedback after your recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Vientiane! The team and I are really happy to see that you had such a great time with us and that you enjoyed both the facilities of the hotel and your interactions with the team. I know my colleagues are working very hard every day to make sure that all our guests have a great experience when they stay with us - to read feedback like yours is motivating all of us to keep doing what we are doing! It was our pleasure to look after you during your visit and we hope you will visit us again soon! Until then, we wish you all the best and safe travels!