After visiting Lao numerous times I was delighted to find Rivertime Eco Lodge! Those who know about Lao the roads north can be very dangerous as in buses slipping off cliff faces and even tourist being shot on highway 13! you need to fly between destinations.. These are unfortunate risks one takes when visiting this delightful but dangerous country.
And then I found Revertime!!! You couldnt ask for a better landing pad, it's super close to the vientianne border crossing and you have a English born expat to ensures your safety, he speaks the local dialect fluently and also German and French making the global community that much smaller. No long dodgy bus trips required!
I visited Rivertime before Barnaby was the manager and let me tell you he definatly makes the place better and helps you get a grasp on LAO LIFE, why not follow by example and snooze in the hammock?? LAO P.D.R !! P.D.R is said to stand for 'please don't rush' so leave your westen anxietys and great expecations at the border! Lao is on of the poorest countries in the world but makes up for it in the richmess of culture and a very relaxed happy attitude! It's so nice to get off the beaten track and experience a culture for what it really is!! Not just people that a forced to work for tourism, the traditional village across the river is one of the sweetest places on this planet, RELAX and enjoy!!
Sleeping under a canopy of butterflies and moths in a mini jungle setting is a true delight, the colours that are contantly changing within the river and sky from dawn to dusk is an absolutely spectacular view somethning that can observed for weeks on end!
Get back to nature and the life god (or buddah) intended! take a breath and air your bones for a while, this is the place to do it, leave feeling like part of the family!!
Would love to see the bungalows rebuilt as the truth is they are getting run down but well worth the stay regardless.
Love to see you all soon X
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a riverside ecolodge resort only 30 km outside of Vientiane which offers a true taste of rural Lao life but with most of the comforts of home. We have a floating restaurant on the river and offer a range of activities such as local village tours, tubing, cooking classes, massage, a sauna nearby, boat trips, fishing, free bicycles etc. We do our best to live in harmony with both the local people and the surrounding forest. We also donate $2 per guest night to local education and community projects. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rivertime Resort And Ecolodge Hotel Vientiane
- Rivertime Hotel And Ecolodge
- Rivertime Hotel Vientiane