“Good food”
Review of Modern Nomads 4 (City Nomads) - CLOSED

Modern Nomads 4 (City Nomads)
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Tibetan, Nepalese, Mongolian, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We were not keen on ulaanbataar so were pleased when we found this restaurant as it was clean, modern and had a large appealing menu in English and with photos. I had western food on my first visit - crispy chicken strips, chips and salad - it was very good. My bf was more ambitious and had horse meat! It actually just tastes like a nice rich piece of beef. On the second night I tried mongolian fried dumpliings which were lovely.if you are ever passing through ulaanbataar definitely eat here for a good reliable meal whatever your tastes.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

clean and amiable environment, efficient services. the food was delicious and exotic, giving you an exciting feeling. professional and fast service.
the menu is clearly laidout in both mongolian and english. you wont get stuck with language translation

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I was wary because other travelers mentioned the mediocre food, but my food was great (I had the horse). I've never had horse before, but it was great (tasted like any other meat) with potatoes and rice. The music was why I went and was fantastic, but they only play for an hour (7:30-8:30), and I got there at 8:15 so that was too bad

Reviewed 24 July 2012

I attended this restaurant while on a tour. The food is fine. Its one of the two most westernized mongolian food we had in all of Mongolia. The other is the mongolian barbeque owned by the same chain of "nomads" restaurants. The entertainment was worth the visit.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

A great restaurant for my first experience of Mongolian food. The local diet is particularly challenging for one who usually doesn't eat red meat. The waiters were friendly and helpful with good English. We had a private room and were very comfortable. The toilets were very good for Mongolia!
The food was very good with something to please each of our fairly diverse group. Highly recommended.