“Average”
Review of Brauhaus

Brauhaus
Ranked #179 of 348 Restaurants in Ulaanbaatar
Description: Ogo's Brauhaus is Mongolian first brewery pub. We offered german style beer and meals for our customers. We established in 1996.
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had many good meals during our Trans Siberian trip and I expected much more. I had Shaslick (BBQ lamb)but the meal was tasteless and the beer was warm. I was sorry I had dined here as I passed some apparently good restaurants on our way to this one

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Not a typical Mongolian experience, but the place is warm and the staff friendly. The local beer (Khan Brau) is fine, although not particularly memorable, and there is a selection of local dishes including a reasonable tsuiwan (fried noodles with lamb, carrots and capsicum).

1  Thank Vandieman111
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A brew pub ought to be famous for its beer; good food just a bonus. Disappointingly, the only thing going for Brau Haus is their food! German sausages, salads, and pork selections all reaonably good here. But that's the extent of the attraction. On a recent visit, only about 15% of the tables were occupied, which should have sent up a clear warning flag. Slow on the uptake, our group decided to stick it out. The pilsner and wheat beers both highly disappointing, with overbearing taste of dirty dishwater. The brewery is badly in need of a new beer recipe or a new brewmaster! Service was atrocious; no English, no smiles, no attention to detail or service. Long waits for delivery of drink orders, even after repeated requests; it's as if the guests are only a nuisance, rather than their bread and butter.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

I don't really like their beer. The dark is better in my opinion, but it does not agree with me. The only other beer that does this is moosehead.

Where I stay is walking distance to the Brauhaus, and would love to be a regular there, however after nine there always seems to be someone vomiting out front on the steps. I am not sure if they drank too much or something they ate.

There are much better options on Seoul street than this.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Whats not to like about a beer haus? They have beer, inside and out of the cold......its not the most high tech or glamorous place around town, but did I mention they have beer?