Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$30
PricelineUS$30
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 September 2014

We had booked a private double room but ended up with two seperate beds (that were easy to push together). Room and private bathroom were spacious, large television and two sofa's, a fridge and hot water kettle were provided.
You are not allowed to wash your clothes in the sink or shower (there is a sign in your room) but we did it anyway.
There is free wifi but it did not work properly (later we were told internet access was down, but nobody attempted to fix this).

Breakfast was ok, bread, an egg, some butter, jelly and chocolate spread, tea or coffee.
We had dinner in the restaurant once, but it wasn't very tasty. We tried to order Mongolian dumplings (as we could see the lady in the kitchen making them) but we were told they didn't serve them.. which was strange!

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa325
Reviewed 14 August 2014

After a shocking experience at Lion Hotel we checked our handbook (really vital for our trans-sib trip) and checked in at the LG for a double private room. Was close to the trainstation for our early departure.
Pro's = cheap, clean, hot water, beds comfortable.
Cons = area didn't feel too safe at night. Very odd characters after dark, long walk into centre of town but still walkable.
Stayed in the summer in Aug 13 and was very warm. So close to the station that we could hear train horns all night. Still, it's cheap and cheerful and close to the station should you need an overnight stay.

Date of stay: September 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank simsimma83
Reviewed 11 May 2014

It was very close to the train station, which was really helpful, but then I spent alot of time walking to and from the city. As a solo women traveller I'm not sure I would have felt safe doing the walk by myself at night, as there are some dodgy characters around at night - I had befriended a couple in the next room, so never did the walk by myself.
The rooms were great and so were the bathrooms. The staff were generally very helpful, but there was a little confusion over my tour, and my train pick up didn't happen (lucky they are close by)
I can't recommend the tour I went on to Terelj National Park, it was OK (it had it's good points and bad points, but I have nothing to compare it to).... but felt they didn't really give you enough information about it (like there was no shower and limited bathroom facilities) I'm fine to go along with it, but some expectation setting would have been nice - I'm glad I took a big bottle of water, otherwise I would have dehydrated. Also the the area that the Ger Camp was in, looked like a very active part of the park, lots of camps, lots of people, lots of rubbish, so not quite the get away from it all I was expecting - but maybe this was more of what Terelj is like in general.
Anyways the guesthouse itself if quite nice, beds are comfy and the shower was great.

Room tip: The ensuite dorm rooms have great bathrooms - the shared bathrooms didn't look as nice.
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank sarahgoesrogue
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The place is just 10 minutes walking distance from UlaanBaatar train station. From the station gate, cross the road in front of you twice and turn right. Walk straight till you find the hostel on your left. Easy to be found. Breakfast prepared simple but sufficient to start your day. Clean hostel with friendly staffs. If you book an excursion with them do make sure the tour guide does speak English.

Room tip: 6 bed room is the nearest to the common room and the entrance.
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank s12796
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed in LG Guesthouse a number of times during our two and a half weeks stay in Mongolia. Used it as a ‘home-base’ for further exploration. We booked a double room, great bed, excellent shower good place to clean up after our trips to Terelj and the Gobi. The staff members are great, patient and very willing to help. Location is very convenient, close to the train station (10 minute walk), yet not too far from the city centre (25 minutes to State Department Store). Would definitely recommend it!

Date of stay: November 2013