“A Truly Magical and Memorable Experience”

HS Khaan Resort Hotel
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Ulaanbaatar
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“A Truly Magical and Memorable Experience”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I have never had a more enjoyable overall experience at a hotel. Every detail was taken care of, the accommodations were immaculate and the peacefulness of the location was completely relaxing. The staff were very attentive and ensured we had everything we needed for our stay. We went horseback riding across the Mongolian plain, were able to stargaze using the in-house telescope, and watch the hotel's camel as she grazed on the property. Would stay here again in a second.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Melissa G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel July 2012 with my girlfriend and celebrated my birthday here. The property is absolutely beautiful. Went horseback riding and that was great to be able to ride among the rolling green hills of the countryside. This hotel is a great place to go to get out of the city for a while and relax. I have traveled many places and I have to say that the staff was amazing and extremely helpful. I am forever grateful to General Manager Osami Nishi and his staff for making my birthday the best in recent memory! Mr. Nishi is hands down the best hotel manager I have ever met and exceeded all my expectations to ensure that we had a lovely time at the hotel.
The only negative things I can think of about the hotel are, it seems to be a bit over-priced, especially the food. There should also be more food options. And there was some condensation on the windows that obscured part of the wonderful view. I expressed these concernes to the management and am confident that they are always working to improve the experience at the hotel. Overall, it was a great experience, I would go again and I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tinman2g
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Honestly one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. The staff was incredible and the food was delicious, and the hotel does it's best to let you customize your experience. The kitchen staff had no problems with catering to our meal ideas and we ended up having some phenomenal dinners. The gers are huge and have amazing views! We woke up to camels and horses lounging outside of the huge glass windows. An outstanding experience.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Christine M
Rio
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We were afraid of staying in this hotel first because we took our daughter and second because I couldn´t find any information about it on the web.The only thing that we had was the only two reviews about it and their web site in japanese that I had to translate with the google tradutor.
When we arrived at UB, the manager of the hotel was waiting for us late at night.
The ger is quite confortable with two big beds, shower, bathtub, 2 sinks, hot water, ipod dock and etc.
The best thing that doesnt happen in a traditional ger and that you have there is a part made of glass that brings you a great landscape view.
The next day morning, we had the breakfast that was really good.It´s not a buffet, they bring you things you choose on the menu.
The staff of the hotel is so friendly.
The price of course isn't the same that a traditional ger but be sure that is a really, really great experience that you must have once in a life.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Fabizuk
Beijing, China
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Like the previous one and only reviewer, I was a bit worried about booking at this resort because I couldn't find any information on it. I am very glad we took a chance and went ahead with the booking. The camp, restaurant, staff and views are amazing. The gers are huge with all modern conveniences and attached to each large ger is a smaller "traditional" ger. If you are looking for an authentic ger experience, this isn't it. If you are looking for a luxurious experience in an unbelievably picturesque setting, this is your place....for a price. We didn't try any of the offered outings or spa treatments, so I can't comment on those. We did eat in the restaurant and the atmosphere, service and food were excellent. I would definitely go back, and I hope the resort can survive given their high prices.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family