“For business, with great views”
Review of Monet Fine Dining

Monet Fine Dining
Ranked #20 of 323 Restaurants in Ulaanbaatar
Price range: US$20 - US$100
Cuisines: French, Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We offer our guests with a definitive choice of dining options to savour whilst enjoying superlative views over the whole city and candid views into the busy kitchen and our impressive list of the finest wines of the world to complement your exquisite gourmet meal. We use premium Mongolian beef and lamb, Norwegian salmon and sea scallops direct from Korea, Australian prime beef steaks, Australian Wagyu beef, New Zealand lamb and green mussels from Australia. We are proudly promoting healthy eating in our menu choices of healthy options, vegetarian dishes and our healthy breads, pastries such as rye roll, whole-wheat roll, carrot and nuts roll, corn flour roll and all cakes are baked fresh every morning in our kitchen. Please inform your waiter or waitress if you have any food allergies. Bon Appetite!
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Formal atmosphere lightened up by the beautiful views from the top of Central Tower. The food is good and presented very nicely.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

In general the quality of food in UB is average and after so many visits you lower your expectations. The one thing I get annoyed off is bad service in the city. Monet in that sense is the place were I experienced service which was top notch and actually the food is good. I don't mind paying the prices as it comes with a decent service and I feel appreciated as a dining customer. The hotel staff at the Blue Sky should come to Monet and learn about what is called service!!! - I couldn't write another review about Blue Sky within 3 months -

2  Thank sl00001
Reviewed 21 January 2013

The Monet has an excellent "Business Lunch" menu which I, along with my friends, have taken advantage of many time and always thoroughly enjoyed the meals. The value for money has been excellent. Fantastic views of Ulaanbaatar. Evening meals are on the expensive side but the food has been good. Service is attentive.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Went to Monet for a special event. The set menu read like one would expect for a high priced restaurant. Unfortunately there was a galactic gap between the actual food and written menu. I am not sure if it was expectations but the food was bad. Caprese salad was preset on the table, the fresh mozzarella died and went to cheese heaven. The grilled chicken while tender lacked any seasoning, sauce or skill in presentation, the beef entree sucked. A white wine sauce over the piece of shoe leather tough beef an assortment of half assed vegetables, what was the chef thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All together forget even coming here. The view through the finger print laden glass marvelous touch to an awful meal.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

I thought that this restaurant would be great because of the high prices, but I was very disappointed. The Australian beef was not of very good quality. I would have preferred Japanese or American beef. The view is great, as it is on the 17th floor of Central Tower building. I got a laugh when I read one reviewer call it the Louis Vuitton building. My recommendation would be to have drinks in the Sky Lounge on the 17th floor and then go to another restaurant. The same company that owns the Grand Khaan Irish Pub also owns Monet, which explains why they have the same complacent staff at both locations. Good French food is hard to find anywhere, and up to now impossible to find in Ulaanbaatar. My advice is to stick to Indian food or Italian food in this city.

1  Thank traveler_8888888