“Great views, good service, not much else”
Review of Monet Fine Dining

Monet Fine Dining
Ranked #21 of 330 Restaurants in Ulaanbaatar
Price range: US$20 - US$100
Cuisines: French, Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We offer our guests with a definitive choice of dining options to savour whilst enjoying superlative views over the whole city and candid views into the busy kitchen and our impressive list of the finest wines of the world to complement your exquisite gourmet meal. We use premium Mongolian beef and lamb, Norwegian salmon and sea scallops direct from Korea, Australian prime beef steaks, Australian Wagyu beef, New Zealand lamb and green mussels from Australia. We are proudly promoting healthy eating in our menu choices of healthy options, vegetarian dishes and our healthy breads, pastries such as rye roll, whole-wheat roll, carrot and nuts roll, corn flour roll and all cakes are baked fresh every morning in our kitchen. Please inform your waiter or waitress if you have any food allergies. Bon Appetite!
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My partner and I celebrated a special occasion at Monet last Friday night, and were overwhelmingly disappointed.

The view over Sukhbaatar Square as the sun sets is stunning, and the services much better than at most other restaurants in Mongolia, but that is where the fine experience ends.

The serves are tiny, for instance, the Seared scallops salad, mixed cress, pepper coulis, pesto sauce comprised three sugar-cube sized morsels. I enjoyed the Foie Gras pan seared goose liver, asparagus, strawberry, but again the serve was tiny. My Australian steak ordered medium-rear arrived well cooked, and my partner's Sea Platter would have fitted comfortably on a tea saucer.

The Wolfblass Grey Label we ordered was unavailable, so we decided on the Yellow Label which was ok, but at three times the market price.

The meal cost us just over USD 156.00, which for Ulaanbaatar is pretty steep. I suggest if you want an equally pleasant dining experience and don't mind the view, go to the Verandah Restaurant in Jamiyan Gun Street, or the California in Seoul Street. The service in either of these two establishments don't match the Monet, but at least you will get a satisfying meal without being fleeced.

2  Thank Dan M

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Had a lovely evening meal recently during trip to UB. It was our last nite in town - so special for many reasons. This restaurant did not disappoint. the food was great and the service very attentive. The nighttime views over Ulaanbaater are also a highlight so if you get the chance - it was certainly THE best restaurant I ate in during my stay.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Formal atmosphere lightened up by the beautiful views from the top of Central Tower. The food is good and presented very nicely.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

In general the quality of food in UB is average and after so many visits you lower your expectations. The one thing I get annoyed off is bad service in the city. Monet in that sense is the place were I experienced service which was top notch and actually the food is good. I don't mind paying the prices as it comes with a decent service and I feel appreciated as a dining customer. The hotel staff at the Blue Sky should come to Monet and learn about what is called service!!! - I couldn't write another review about Blue Sky within 3 months -

2  Thank sl00001
Reviewed 21 January 2013

The Monet has an excellent "Business Lunch" menu which I, along with my friends, have taken advantage of many time and always thoroughly enjoyed the meals. The value for money has been excellent. Fantastic views of Ulaanbaatar. Evening meals are on the expensive side but the food has been good. Service is attentive.