“Better than the brand name”

Ramada Ulaanbaatar Citycenter
Ranked #5 of 59 Hotels in Ulaanbaatar
New York
“Better than the brand name”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This exceeded the standard usually suggested by Ramada.
I checked in after a two day journey and was pleased to be able to check into my room early (with a charge).
Very comfortable room with internet now and again. I don't think it was the hotel that was responsible for the intermittent power outages, as the mall also had no power at times.
The highlight was the affiliate spa! Oh my, such a treat. Great changing room with individual lockers (with locks). The staff was excellent (what a massage). Also got my nails done and hair.
Ready to start my train trip the next day.
Two opportunities for improvement.. The corporate website has no email address. I had to call Mongolia to get it, so that I could arrange for my transfer (perfect).
I called the ramada 800 number and they had no idea how to contact the hotel without a direct call.
Also, I had the same waiter at breakfast who tried to sell me a tour. Especially as a am a single woman traveling alone, this was off putting.
All said, I would definitely stay there should I ever return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JackieDz
Otgonjargal T, Front Office Manager at Ramada Ulaanbaatar Citycenter, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear JackieDz,

We really appreciate you for sharing such a hearable comments with our guests and Tripadvisor visitors. As long as our guests satisfied with our service, we always have an inspiration to exceed our guest needs.

I have passed your feedback about contact details on the corporate website to our Sales & Marketing department so that we can improve.

Thanks a lot for your positive review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

With kind regards,
Otgonjargal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bardwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were upgraded to this hotel courtesy of our agent so I can't comment on the value. The room was as clean and comfortable as you would expect with kettle, safely deposit box and tv with BBC World and international channels. The bed was the most comfortable we've had for weeks travelling. Large buffet breakfast but staff were a bit slow in keeping it topped up in busy periods. Unfortunately there were some disruptive power cuts and interruptions to hot water supply but staff were helpful to my husband in getting some vital internet business concluded. It is a good 20 minutes walk from the main square but there are a few shops along the way.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank madamjackie
Dear Madamjackie,

We appreciate for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor, giving us the opportunity to escalate your praises.

Your valuable comments were immediately shared with our Food & Beverage management team for awareness and focus on this issue to provide our guests as good service as we can.
We do regret the inconvenience caused during your stay mostly related to city pipe renovation, our apology for that.

Should your travel bring you back to us, you will be welcomed.

Thanks & regards,
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel. The staff is really nice and they speak many languages. The lobby, hallways and the restaurant are not very cosy, but the rooms are nice. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. There are many international tv channels.

the breakfast is ok,... but also nothing too special. i did not like that a waiter tried to sell me a tour/tour guide while having breakfast,... that is not up to par with Ramada.

The location is very good. It is easy to walk,... to the state department store maybe just 10 minutes - better walk than drive as you will be stuck in traffic.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Otgonjargal T, Front Office Manager at Ramada Ulaanbaatar Citycenter, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Dutchguy,

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us about your recent stay.

I apologize that you had inconvenienced during your breakfast time regarding a tour guide proposal. Normally, we do provide this kind of service but not in our restaurant. This case will be taken into the consideration of F&B Manager.

Thanks a lot for your positive comments about our location, rooms and other hotel amenities.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Kind regards,
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed in ramada last month , it was a good experience compared with my last stay in Bluesky, the breakfast here is very nice , you can always have fresh fruits there while they are very rare in Mongolia and the room is very cozy even though it is not very big . I heard last time that there will have a Chinese chief , I hope they can have more Chinese food on their menu which will be very nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Zixin W,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive review with us and our visitors at Tripadvisor.

It is our pleasure to inform you that our new Chinese chef has joined the team weeks ago and working on new menu just like you mentioned. We hope our breakfast will become even nicer than now.

Therefore, we would be great to welcome you back in Ramada UB City Center, with new experiment.

Kind regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 May 2014

for business travel this is no doubt a good choice, since it is located in the city center and has a shopping center connected together , the staff there all can speak English and they also have a chinese guest relation , so no problem for communication.
the front desk staff is very efficient and can help check in and check out very soon ,no need for waiting for a long time ,and they all verytry to be very helpful when i asked them for help.

Room Tip: away from elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Otgonjargal T, Front Office Manager at Ramada Ulaanbaatar Citycenter, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Timmy Z,

We are delightful to hear that you had a pleasant stay and you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

I have passed your kind comments to all of our warm and dedicated staffs. We will continue to deliver exceptional experiences to all of our valuable guests. So welcome back again!

Once again thank you so much for your 5 star review and kindness.

Best regards,