Sunpath Hostel
  • Breakfast included
Khuvsgul Lake Hotel(Ulaanbaatar)
Hotel Nine(Ulaanbaatar)
View Hotel
All reviewsgobi tourgobi desertcentral mongoliaday tourlocal familiesbook train ticketsmixed dormtwo nightschinese visanomadic familiesanswer our questionswarm sleeping bagsfree breakfaststrong wifisimple breakfastdriver guidea great place to meet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed at Sunpath 2 for 3 nights. The hostel was very clean and cozy and felt like a homestay rather than a hostel. We were the only group there. Doljmaa, the host, was helpful and gave good suggestions of traveling in UB. She also picked us from the train station and provided basic breakfast for free. Another thing I liked about the hostel was the location. It was not far from city center (a few blocks away) but it was in a quiet location.
We booked a 3 day tour to Terelj, Hustai, and semi-Gobi. The tour was a great value for money and we enjoyed it a lot. We got to stay in a ger with local families and ride camels and horses.The driver, the guide, and the car were good too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pintai S
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on the Mongolia leg of our Trans Siberian trip and it was just awesome. The hosts Doljmaa and Batjaa were extremely helpful and extended all possible help to make sure our stay is comfortable.

The hostel itself is clean and super and the beds are comfortable.

They also make arrangements for trips and outings and the semi Gobi one nighter that they organized was a hit for us. We thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend this to everyone visiting the capital city.

Of course did I mention the hostel and trips are extremely value for money!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ashwin D
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I simply loved this cozy little hostel situated in a very central part of Ulan Bator. The hosts of the hostel - Doljmaa and Batjaa are very hospitable and extremely kind. They made every effort possible to make our stay as comfortable as possible! We were not pressured, by any means, to go on one of their tours - they even gave us free pick-up and drop-off rides to the Train Station, the Airport as well as ample directions to get to various localities in Ulan Bator. I personally will return to this hostel each time I'm in Ulan Bator! I was very pleased with the level of cleanliness of the beds, mattresses, bathrooms and common areas. Doljmaa even taught us how to make proper dumplings! Excellent facilities and very fast Wifi connection was the icing on the cake for me :)

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic - regardless of which room in the hostel you are assigned or choose!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kavita A
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hostel has brand new mattresses, is very clean and has a (basic) breakfast included.
It could use an additional bathroom, but in general it would be great value for money.
If it weren't for the hosts. To them, apparently, the hostel is only a way to get people into buying their tours. Every time I sat in the communal area to read or just relax, the owner, Doljmaa, would put on her fake smile, sit next to me and try to book me on a tour.
And eventually, when it was clear that we would do everything independently, my friend and I basically received a persona non grata treatment. We didn't even want to sit in the communal area any more, because the vibe coming from the owners was so very uneasy.
They also refused to store our luggage while we went hitchhiking to Kharkhorin monastery, with the lame excuse that they would have 16 guests coming in, who immediately go on a tour, so they need all their storage space....suuuuuure...

If you're only passing through Ulaanbaator, the place is good enough for a night or two. If you want to book a tour with them, I guess you'll be fine. But don't expect that you could this place as your base for independently exploring central Mongolia.

Room Tip: We went to Khongor Guesthouse afterwards. That was good :-)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Der_Schorsch
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We enjoyed out stay with Dooljma and family. We were picked up fromt he station and from the moment nothing was too much trouble,. Dooljma was always around to answer any questions and advice us if needed. We booked a 3 day 2 night tour and had a wonderful time, the guide and driver were excellent.

We would definitely return if there again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple