“reasonably priced”

Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“reasonably priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Italian oven is a very reasonably priced restaurent with an extensive menu....ive only tried their pastas but that was good.a good place to take ur family since it wont be as hard on ur pocket compared to other restaurants.

Visited May 2013

Islamabad, Pakistan
“very average actually poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I am shocked to see Italian oven sitting a 5th rank, may be its down to the small number of reviews thats been done on it.
Like another reviewer we were always tempted to visit this restaurant whenever we drove past mainly due to its name and sadly one day we decided to enter it. It was a weekend evening so the restaurant was busy. We found the interior to be attractive at first sight but once settled we noticed that from furniture to cutleries everything was well worn out. The dishes and silver had very noticable permanent scratches on them. When we looked at the menu we were amazed to see the huge number of dishes they have to offer. I instantly thought to myself that this is no 'Italian' oven rather it is an everything possible kind of place. As suspected, the food was horrible. The complimentry garlic bread had no hints of garlic in it. Some finger chicken type of starter although cheap and somewhat tasty was in a tiny portion. The burger my wife had ordered was cold and tasteless. My pasta was totally bland and I had to add every possible condiment to make it taste like some thing. Do not order their cheaper appetizers/mains as the portions are too small just go for the expensive ones as they are adequately portioned. We had to add to our order a steak with mushroom sauce because my wife's burger was tiny. My God the steak was the worst I've ever had...simply no taste at all.
Surprisingly we ended up there once again when pizza hut failed to serve my daughter with her favourite garlic mushrooms. The garlic mushrooms there had red chilli sauce in it which made it too spicy and served without garlic bread however the mexican style steak we tried this time wasnt too bad.
All in all Italian oven is a cheap place to dine in. If you wanted to fill your tummy of tasteless food with fancy names for slightly lower prices you wont be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank UsmanRana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

While driving on the F-10 markaz road, we often use to see this restaurant from outside but never had a chance to check in. Therefore yesterday I finally decided to have a dinner in the Italian Oven with my family. The overall ambience of the restaurant is quite good. Medium lights, slow tone music and friendly behavior of the hosts was impressive. Initially they serve us with a complimentary basket of garlic bread. While looking at their menu card,, we observed a wide variety of cuisines not just limited to Italian menu but also covering many international dishes including American, Thai, Chinese, Mexican etc. So it was really difficult to select and pick just two or three dishes out of them. Finally we ordered Mexican Chicken Soup (Soup of the Day) , Stuffed Finger Chicken (Appetizer) and Chicken Teriyaki and Three Way Chicken Platter as main course and drinks. My three-year kid was there too who was getting really hungry before the order could get served so he started to whine in loud voice 'bhook lag rahi hai' :) so to our surprise the manager served him with a free bowl of salad to make my kid happy (in other words bribe him to shut his mouth :) ). The service was really very quick, just 5-10 minutes after the order they served the appetizer, and as soon as we finished our appetizer, the main course was served. The quantity of each dish was really wholesome. And the taste of everything was just amazing. And yet another surprise was awaiting us. When the bill was presented, it was Rs 1,600 incl. tax which was pretty reasonable compared with the quantity of food that we had ordered.
In conclusion it was really a very nice experience and we sure would go there another time to try something different from the wide variety they are offering.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Nedian B
islamabad
“ONE OF THE BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

A restaurant which I have always liked. The food is excellent and it is good value for money. Prices are reasonable, food quality excellent, quantity ample, service is very good, staff is courteous and home delivery is prompt. Chef really knows how to cook various Italian dishes served there.

Visited September 2013
ISLAMBAD PAKISTAN
“Excellent Italian Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

If you want reasonably priced good Italian or continental food this is the place to go. Lovely pizzas, steaks, pastas and fajitas. They also serve some asian dishes like Thai Chicken and Chicken Teriyaki. Each dish has a unique taste and presentation. It is simply a must go restaurant.

• Visited February 2013