“Honeymoon”

Islamabad Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Islamabad
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at this excellent hotel for decades and always enjoyed the extraordinary service of the staff here. They did even better this time, thanks, in my opinion, to the new GM Hartmut Noack. Mr Noack. was visible throughout the hotel, accessible and available to address any issues that guests faced. I have rarely seen a general manager and his staff so dedicated to proving quality service with genuine sincerity. Everything went perfectly well during my stay. I stayed at the mezzanine floor this time and preferred it to the other floors. My suite was larger than the ones I have had in other floors with a better layout and larger size.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abdul Azeem A
There are newer reviews for Islamabad Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel looks really beautiful as soon as you enter but the fact is that service and the front desk staff and cleanliness is extremely poor. I was travelling with cancer and diabetic patient and they didn't have our room ready to check in. I personally will not recommend anyone to stay here terrible front desk service came to hotel at 7.30pm took 2 hrs to check as they didn't have our room ready. Every time they kept saying give us two minutes and it two hrs so I felt in Pakistan minutes means hrs pakistan time. the duty manager shahjid (sorry if I am misspelled it) said he will call back in 1 minute and it's been 48 hrs still waiting to hear from him. the rooms are not cleaned properly the quilt covers have stain marks, the tables has never been moved the floor has stains, toilets are not cleaned is it really Marriott (only when it comes to room recent they charge high price but service is negative) try Serena which is much newer place

Room Tip: I personally will not recommend anyone to stay here terrible
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank a a
HartmutNoack, General Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Ms..........

Thank you for taking the time to write a Survey and sharing your experience.

You indicated in your response that the rooms where not ready at your arrival to the hotel and the service and behavior of our associates was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. We have taken notice of your comments and have taken corrective action , regular training has been increased to catch up on our shortcomings. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Hartmut Noack
Regional General Manager
Islamabad Marriott
hartmut.noack@marriott-islamabad.com
+92512826121

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Islamabad Marriott Hotel is located at a very scenic location in the city at the foothills of Margalla; the biggest attraction in the city. The rooms are nice and clean and service is prompt. There is a variety of restaurants at the ground floor of the hotel featuring bake shop, grill, continental, Chinese and a lobby cafe.
Given the security situation of the country and a massive blast some years back at the hotel, they have put a tight security in place, which at times gets annoying for guests. Overall it is a good place to stay in the capital city of the country.

Room Tip: North side rooms give a beautiful Margalla hills view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel with all facilities dinning is bit expensive but standard of food is good very nicely decorated different restaurants n lobby with full of charm nice place for stay n dine in .it has different spa massage n parlor services with expensive rates swimming pool is good filtered water is provided

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Yasir M
Reviewed 3 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Title says it all. A solid Marriott hotel, clean bright airy. Good staff, very good sized rooms. Public and bedrooms/bathrooms exceptionally clean. Security looks very good (im no expert), very very solid looking blast wall separates hotel from the road, mandatory scanning of all customer bags etc.

Food (Breakfast and the Thai restaurant) of a high standard.

My only negative, car that was sent by teh Hotel to pick me up from the airport broke down on teh way to the hotel, and teh driver 'wandered off' with little explanation to find assistance, was just a bit disconcerting at 0200 in the morning on arrival in Pakistan.......

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Martynjw
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed two nights in February, three people, two rooms. Very good bathroom and shower. Breakfast buffet was amazing, every type of food on offer and v good quality. Staff generally helpful, however see below.

Beds were very comfortable, and rooms had a lovely view of the hills.

Negatives include the air con which was limited to 22 deg Celsius. This led to quite stuffy nights. You should be allowed to set the air con as low as you like.

Theme emerging, since the TV was limited in the volume, the strange bass acoustics making it practically impossible to hear. Annoying.

We arranged a car and a driver through the hotel and had a lovely day around the sights of the city. The next day we decided to do it again, but this time go to the hill station town of Muree in the mountains. The price suddenly doubled, we were told this was because you needed a special car. When the car turned up, it was the same one and the same driver as the previous day.

In a desperate attempt to grab money, the hotel arranger never bothered to check the weather forecast or provide an appropriate 4wd car. When we got to Murree, the car got trapped by snow several times, meaning we had to get out and push (including my e elderly father). This we had to do many times just to get out, and we had no time to see the town itself.

This seems very unfair, with the driver apparently more concerned about damage to the car than getting us back safely.

Other than this incident, broadly a positive experience. Do try the excellent steaks at the steakhouse.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FazDar
Jan V, General Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear FazDar,
Thank you for your review and thank you for bringing this car debacle to my attention as obviously there is no way I can accept this as well. There is no doubt that I will take this up with our transportation company. While we do place a lot of trust in our 3rd party suppliers we also insist that they do follow the most ethical and 5 star conduct in all their dealings with our hotel guests. Reading your review definitely something must have gone wrong and will go to the bottom of this. You will hear from me again. Reading further I also could make up that all other services were to your liking and sincerely hope that this car incident did not spoil all our other efforts. I can assure you that on your next visit you will notice the difference and have the opportunity to witness this first hand. I also hope that by this you have not lost your trust in our services and will give us another opportunity to show you our true spirit of hospitality.
Kindest regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamabad
Islamabad Serena Hotel
Pearl Continental Hotel Rawalpindi
Islamabad Hotel
Islamabad Hotel
#6 of 23 in Islamabad

Been to Islamabad Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!