“Business or Pleasure?” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Islamabad
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Business or Pleasure?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

getting the the Marriott in Islamabad, not too fare from the airport, it gets you into a place surrounded by a beautiful greenery a great place to just go back to from your day doing business & relax.

The restaurants & food takes you to places with their variety, the mixed culture of visitors & the friendliness & help from the staff.

A great place to be if you are travelling to Islamabad, on Business or Pleasure

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Lahore, Pakistan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I checked in for 2 nights and paid for the 1st night in cash with the understanding for the balance to be paid at checkout - common practice as this was a company guaranteed booking. I came back to the hotel room around midnight the following day, my key card was not working, so came to the reception who checked my room and activated the card. Got back up to my room to find the door wide open and a staff member on the phone giving an inventory of my belongings in the room. Upon query he handed me the phone, duty manager was on the other end who said this is because my 2nd night payment was outstanding. I was upset at this invasion of privacy, and also since I had just come from the reception and had not been asked for any payment. I refused and said that if the hotel would rather treat me like this and not wait a few more hours when I check out, I would rather checkout now. There was no attempt from the duty manager to resolve and I did come down, checked out and moved to another hotel.

This happened between 12 - 1 AM, a very uncomfortable time.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank NSB909
HartmutNoack, General Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Islamabad Marriott Hotel.

You indicated in your response that the service from our Front Office member and the Duty manager was unsatisfactory . Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns to all associates involved and training session have been scheduled to overcome our shortcomings so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me personally.

Sincerely yours
Kathmandu, Nepal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Marriott Islamabad has a small fortification to pass through before you get to the quiet entrance always decorated with a lovely flower arrangement. Rooms on the front side have a lovely view of the hills - the back side overlooks a parking lot and the pool. Both types of rooms are comfortable - great beds, pillows, large bathrooms, and slow wifi. They are very service oriented and will come for any need you might have. The food in the main restaurant is very good with a very wide selection of foods, from Pakistani to Middle Eastern and some Western. They have other in Hotel restaurants that get good reviews. The only service that is to complain about is the slow check-in and check-out. It is a nice place to return to.

Room Tip: Front side of the hotel has a better view.
1 Thank Kciff
Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Recently spent 5 nights at the Marriott in Islamabad for work. The facility is very nice with spacious rooms. The quality and courtesy of the staff is above reproach. If you had a question about where to go or what was going on they were there to answer it.

The staff that took care of the rooms were very nice. On our last night which was a short one, they knocked on the door to do a final service of the room. We mentioned that we were leaving in several hours and really didn't need it but it was their pleasure to do it.

By the way, tell the doorman hello again. I had a nice conversation with them during the time we were there.

Lahore, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Recently stayed at Marriott Islamabad with husband and was pleasantly surprised with the sheer thought to minutest details and comfort provided by the hotel staff and the amenities provided. We love traveling and have stayed in some wonderful hotels around the globe but the facilities and cleanliness of Marriott completely bowled us over, ranging from a generous supply of complimentary edibles to the provision of an iron with an iron-stand in each and every room came as a pleasant surprise. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates good hospitality with uncompromising comfort!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HartmutNoack, General Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted that your stay with the Islamabad Marriott Hotel was enjoyable, we have taken not of your coment and conveyed your appreciation to our associates .

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at this excellent hotel for decades and always enjoyed the extraordinary service of the staff here. They did even better this time, thanks, in my opinion, to the new GM Hartmut Noack. Mr Noack. was visible throughout the hotel, accessible and available to address any issues that guests faced. I have rarely seen a general manager and his staff so dedicated to proving quality service with genuine sincerity. Everything went perfectly well during my stay. I stayed at the mezzanine floor this time and preferred it to the other floors. My suite was larger than the ones I have had in other floors with a better layout and larger size.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Abdul Azeem A
sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel looks really beautiful as soon as you enter but the fact is that service and the front desk staff and cleanliness is extremely poor. I was travelling with cancer and diabetic patient and they didn't have our room ready to check in. I personally will not recommend anyone to stay here terrible front desk service came to hotel at 7.30pm took 2 hrs to check as they didn't have our room ready. Every time they kept saying give us two minutes and it two hrs so I felt in Pakistan minutes means hrs pakistan time. the duty manager shahjid (sorry if I am misspelled it) said he will call back in 1 minute and it's been 48 hrs still waiting to hear from him. the rooms are not cleaned properly the quilt covers have stain marks, the tables has never been moved the floor has stains, toilets are not cleaned is it really Marriott (only when it comes to room recent they charge high price but service is negative) try Serena which is much newer place

Room Tip: I personally will not recommend anyone to stay here terrible
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank a a
Dear Ms..........

Thank you for taking the time to write a Survey and sharing your experience.

You indicated in your response that the rooms where not ready at your arrival to the hotel and the service and behavior of our associates was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. We have taken notice of your comments and have taken corrective action , regular training has been increased to catch up on our shortcomings. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Hartmut Noack
Regional General Manager
Islamabad Marriott
hartmut.noack@marriott-islamabad.com
+92512826121
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamabad
Islamabad Serena Hotel
#11 of 20 in Islamabad
Royal Crown
Royal Crown
#8 of 20 in Islamabad

Been to Islamabad Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!