Ramada Islamabad(Islamabad)
US$37
US$257
US$219
Marriott Hotels
All reviewsbeautiful hotelwild ricezamana restaurantleading hotels of the worldmain restaurantan oasisdiplomatic enclaveroom servicerooms are largesecure hotelluxury hotelsecurity situationhigh securitybusiness tripfive starbreakfast buffetchecking in
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at Serena for 3 days this month during the Eid holidays. My room was perfect, the food was always good and the pool was very clean. I also visited the spa while I was there and it was excellent. Safety and security is a top priority for the hotel management.I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Islamabad area.”

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Loraine T
Michel_Galopin, General Manager at Islamabad Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the warm comments following your stay at the Islamabad Serena Hotel.

and the service rendered by our staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to "your home away from home"...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My review focuses on the Sunday Brunch customer service experience at Zamana, specifically related to the hostess, the restaurant manager, and ultimately the on-duty hotel general manager (Mr. Michel Galopin was apparently on vacation).

I have been to brunch before at Zamana, so this wasn't my first time. My prior feedback is that while the food is good (albeit expensive compared to its quality) the service delivered to customers always leaves something to be desired. Restaurant basics like approaching a table for drink orders soon after seating are neglected, plates are never cleared in a timely fashion--often piling up, and closing out a bill always lasts 10 minutes longer than it should. I should note that the spa at the Serena, Miashia, is in contrast a great place with wonderful customer service. It would behoove Zamana's management to take a cue from how Maisha has trained its staff.

For my most recent Sunday brunch in question, I made a phone reservation. I was asked the basics by whoever took my reservation: name, date/time, and how many people in my party -- that was all. On the day of my reservation I arrived to Zamana with my five friends only to be abruptly stopped at Zamana’s entrance and told that I was not allowed to enter because I was wearing shorts. I of course was surprised and asked to see where this policy was displayed, because I had not seen any notice of it at the entryway, nor did I recall any advisement of it on the website, and never was it mentioned to me when I made my phone reservation. The Zamana hostess curtly responded to my inquiry saying that the dress code policy was not available for me to review and that my only option was to wear a pair of wrinkled, grimy looking pants that were pulled from beneath a counter. I asked to speak with the restaurant manager and once again requested to see the dress code policy, of which he himself did not even have a copy. He and I then walked to the front desk where I then waited for the on-duty manager who was finally able to produce the one (yes, the one and only) book that contained the dress code policy stating that shorts are not allowed in Zamana. The on-duty general manager was unable to explain why there was only one place in the entire hotel (a book kept behind the front desk) where the hotel’s dress code policy was housed which seemed odd to me. The on-duty general manager did not have an explanation for why there was no notice of any dress code policy on the hotel’s website, on the restaurants online menu, visible at the hostess’ desk, nor why no mention of this was made when my phone reservation was made. After over 15 minutes of back and forth with the on-duty general manager, I finally acquiesced to wearing the pants offered to me by Zamana just so I could join my group and enjoy our meal as planned, but at this point the manager now told me it was not necessary. As brunch proceeded I should note that I saw two other gentlemen wearing shorts, a number of other diners wearing much more casual outfits than my own, and there was also a toddler running around without shoes, socks, and a shirt on (and yes, I get it, you can’t fault the kid, but I’m trying to make a point).

If Zamana, or the Serena for that matter, wants to stop pretending to be a five star hotel and restaurant, and to really start acting like one, then a few easy steps can be taken. For starters, please train your wait staff how to properly attend to customers. It's crazy that this feedback is necessary at a place like this, right? And if you want there to be a dress code, then announce it for crying out loud! Put a notice on your website, or a small sign on the hostess desk at the restaurant entrance. Have the restaurant remind customers about the dress code when making phone reservations. This is all really basic stuff and it’s frankly disappointing that the supposed number one hotel in Islamabad needs these reminders.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed feed-back on your experience at our Zamana restaurant on the occasion of a brunch
which I have read with great interest.

I have reviewed in detail with our Food & Beverage Management the points that you mentioned and I do apologize for the embarrassment that our dress code has caused to you and to your friends.

Be assured that our Duty Managers team has been fully briefed on the matter and the appropriate way to explain the hotel dress code to our guests in order to avoid a misunderstanding.

Kindly be informed that we shall review our Zamana dress code to allow our guests to live the most comfortable experience possible.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon when we shall demonstrate the quality service for which the Islamabad Serena Hotel is renowned worldwide.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Keeping in mind it was my first trip in 28 years and only experience I have is dining at likes of Monal, Tuscany, Marriott hotels Nadia and zigolini restaurants alongside many local mid standard restaurants in Islamabad I feel Serena hotel experience was the best. Had two iftari at Serenas Zamana resturant. Had much larger variety then any other buffet and the quality was better. The atmosphere was awesome with almost all tables occupied on both occasions. The overall experience at Serena was great and will be staying at this hotel on my next visit within this month.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the warm comments following your two visits to our Zamana restaurant on the occasion of Iftar dinners.

I have conveyed your kind review and your appreciation to the restaurant staff to encourage them to carry on their good work and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to "your home away from home".

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

If you want a top hotel go no further than the Serena. Fantastic entrance lobby in marble and crystal chandeliers. Rooms food gym coffee shop all top notch. Have occasional art exhibitions and events.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark G
Michel_Galopin, General Manager at Islamabad Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear valued Guest,

The Associates and I were delighted to read that you enjoyed to the fullest the hotel facilities as well as our art exhibitions.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Best hotel in capital city. Very unique interior design. Demonstrate Pakistani culture. Breakfast was perfect. Safe and secured. Beautiful scenery. Fresh air. Highly recommended for stay in Islamabad. They offer airport pick and drop as well.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Michel_Galopin, General Manager at Islamabad Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear valued Guest,

The Associates and I were delighted to read that your enjoyed to the fullest the hotel facilities, the hotel unique design and the breakfast service.