“Real waw!” 5 of 5 bubbles

172 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 223 helpful votes
“Real waw!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

If you dont visit margalla then you didnot visit islamabad.it gives you a summary of the whole city.
And only then you can tell the whole history of the city.
Its may be the only city that is designed and planned before it is actually inhapited.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Shaltoni

• Turkish first
Islamabad, Pakistan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Margalla Hills trekking ..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Wow what a nice place so close to my home bahria town 20 mins drive .. I have walked trail 3..5 and 2 in the month of June I know very hot yep... Trail 3 was hard maybe because I just landed from U.K and I wanted to go for a hike .. Trail 5 was long I got a cramp on my leg .. Trail 2 all the way up to chak jabbi then to the road were driver was waiting about 6-7 km maybe..I really loved trekking these hills.. What you need equipment wise you'll need a good pair of breathable shoes 2nd you will need a rucksack not a plastic bag with your water bottle in your hand like I saw on my way up.. 2-3 litres of water camel back. That's it !! Non cotton clothing you should be fine sun hat is a must for me in June .. On 3 trails I wore 3 different shoes,,1 north face plasma goretex.. 2 Merrell intercept,,3 Solomon trail runners.. Merrell got the job done better then the other 2 ..

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ameen R
Rome, Italy
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“What a view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Was in Islamabad for work and my guest took me to the Hill and for dinner at La Montana i believe. The drive up is fun and exciting as you wind up and down these narrow roads. We stopped half way to check the view and quickly surrounded my locals with monkeys and items to sell. Just ignore then and you'll be ok.
The stop for dinner, as the sunset was wicked, good view of the city and the food was very traditional and full of flavour.
If you can, worth the drive and dinner stop while is ISBAD!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Swedes21
“Bike riding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Totally awesome place...look like carpeted hills. Must Plan a tour once in a month. Bike riding on margalla hills have has own craze

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trail 5”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

If you really want to see margallas, i suggest go for trail 5 and go to the top to see mind blowing natural beauty...

1 Thank Salman P