“Margalla Hills National Park-A really wonderful experience”
Review of Margalla Hills

Margalla Hills
Ranked #2 of 63 things to do in Islamabad
Reviewed 15 August 2014

If you visit Islamabad and don't take out time to visit Margalla Hills National Parks you probably have remained at a loss. Visit will provide you serenity and peace of mind away from hustle and bustle of city life besides providing an opportunity to enjoy nature at its best. There are quite a number of trails like No 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 which one can visit; however track 3 and 5 are perhaps the most frequented one. But i like track 4 and 6 more as the tracks which are more frequented are more infested with waste (unfortunately though). However you need to be accompanied to tread on less frequented tracks. what u need to take along in at least two to three litres of water , backpack and good (non-slip) trekking shoes, a small first aid kit (in case of injury due slipping over moss). An important thing to note is never ever attempt to drink water from streams of running water. I have done trekking on various trails and other climbs/ heights of MHNP; however never encountered any dangerous wild life (snakes etc). But it does not mean one should go alone; for less frequented tracks better be accompanied to be safe. Happy trekking

Reviewed 11 July 2014

If you dont visit margalla then you didnot visit islamabad.it gives you a summary of the whole city.
And only then you can tell the whole history of the city.
Its may be the only city that is designed and planned before it is actually inhapited.

1  Thank Shaltoni
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Wow what a nice place so close to my home bahria town 20 mins drive .. I have walked trail 3..5 and 2 in the month of June I know very hot yep... Trail 3 was hard maybe because I just landed from U.K and I wanted to go for a hike .. Trail 5 was long I got a cramp on my leg .. Trail 2 all the way up to chak jabbi then to the road were driver was waiting about 6-7 km maybe..I really loved trekking these hills.. What you need equipment wise you'll need a good pair of breathable shoes 2nd you will need a rucksack not a plastic bag with your water bottle in your hand like I saw on my way up.. 2-3 litres of water camel back. That's it !! Non cotton clothing you should be fine sun hat is a must for me in June .. On 3 trails I wore 3 different shoes,,1 north face plasma goretex.. 2 Merrell intercept,,3 Solomon trail runners.. Merrell got the job done better then the other 2 ..

1  Thank Ameen R
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Was in Islamabad for work and my guest took me to the Hill and for dinner at La Montana i believe. The drive up is fun and exciting as you wind up and down these narrow roads. We stopped half way to check the view and quickly surrounded my locals with monkeys and items to sell. Just ignore then and you'll be ok.
The stop for dinner, as the sunset was wicked, good view of the city and the food was very traditional and full of flavour.
If you can, worth the drive and dinner stop while is ISBAD!

2  Thank Swedes21
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Totally awesome place...look like carpeted hills. Must Plan a tour once in a month. Bike riding on margalla hills have has own craze