“Slow service and bad interiors..”

Mathura Madras Woodlands Restaurant
Ranked #510 of 613 Restaurants in Colombo
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Mathura, we use RamyaBhoomi Spices to achieve rich and tasteful flavor in our dishes. RamyaBhoomi spices are cultivated and produced in Anuradhapura, the ancient capital of Sri Lanka. These spices are produced according to a traditional recipe of the people of Anuradhapura. This product is carefully produced, Packed and distributed by the farmers and producers in Anuradhapura. These spices are very rich in flavor and taste. No artificial flouring or preservatives added. At Mathura, we are very proud to use these spices in our dishes to get the authentic Indian Flavor.
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We ordered a south indian thali for 2 during lunch and service was very slow. Currys were also not hot.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

i heard mathura offers authentic Indian dishes and they are really tasty, but it was not even close to real Indian dishes, they have the variety, but if you have been to India and if you have tasted Indian food, you will not visit mathura again...

Reviewed 2 April 2013

My wife and I love this place. But over the years the standards have been slipping. the portions seems to much less. Despite this, the place is always full. We had to wait for some time for a table to free up for our group of 4

What we do love about it Mathura's is the food is tasty and service is fast. The former south Indian manager is back. So I'm hopping the standards pick up a bit.

1  Thank NamalK
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I'm not really a south indian food fan. But My parents and sister loves it. BTW they are also vegetarians. As a family we go to mathura at least once month. Thats mainly because its the only south indian place I like.
Its true potions can be a bit small but they are awesome. When I'm really hungry I get a samosa or a delicious wade with the portion. Chai tea is also not bad. But the most impressive thing about this place is the pricing. Its really cheap when compared to other restaurants. Service is ok. Staff is very efficient and experienced.
Don't try to go to this place on a poya day. Trust me it is impossible to get a table or even to get take away. I recommend this place to every one but specially if your a vegetarian.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Good for south indian food lovers. Very reasonable compared to other Indian restaurants. Love their idlys