“Don't miss best band in Sri Lanka C'n'C ONLY on Sunday's :-(”
Review of The Margarita Blue

The Margarita Blue
Ranked #273 of 647 Restaurants in Colombo
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I visited the margarita bar last night, for some food, the devilled chicken was very tasty,

But was most blown away by the live band they had playing C'n'C as they are one of the best band's I ever heard way too good for a club, sadly they only play on Sunday's there so Sunday is now my favourite day of the week!

The band is made up of 7 lively members, who are all amazing talented. They played all my requests which I was amazed as they can do any song extreamly well.

Deffinately don't miss margarita on Sundays!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

If you are interested in a pub which gives you the atmosphere to dance or enjoy watching a dance while listening to great music played by various bands, this is the place that you should go to...For those of you that are interested in playing Pool there is a pool table available inside the pub. The quality of food is quite good. It gets a little too crowded most of the evenings. I think it is best to go there with friends rather than with family. The only downside is that the place is a little too small for the kind of the crowd it generally attracts.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I was here during the recent T20 World Cup Semifinal, by myself (as I was in the vicinity).

They have screens at several corners. It is indeed a nice place to chill out, but I feel it lacks some seating capacity due to its small size. I had to be at the bar table even when having dinner & that was a bit uncomfortable.

The 'junior' waiters (dressed in black t-shirts) seem a bit clueless on certain things & are not very good at communicating clearly. I have had more professional service from waiters at many other clubs in Colombo. However, the 'senior' staff (dressed in red/black blazers) are certainly up to the mark. I think they have a lot of waiters to make sure you get better attention, which is good.

After a drink, I ordered the 'Cowboy Mixed Grill' for dinner. In my experience, mixed grills really fill me up, but this one didn't & I felt hungry later on in the night. Despite the plate being badly packed with french fries.

I believe this is a good place to visit if you want to have alcohol. I visited again about a week later with some friends (after the World Cup finals). They give you free bites with each bottle you order. The service is quick, smooth & they ensure you have a good time.

There is a good band that plays here. The DJ is good too.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

drinks were a bit more expensive than most places, but atmosphere and live music were top notch. Good location and beautful views of the ocean right outside.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Probably one of the best live bands play here on Thursday/Fridays/Saturdays.

Loud, but enjoyable, and lots of dancing happens here!

A bargain is the bottle price on local Gin/Vodka/Rum, because at about $25, you get chasers and ice too!

And they have a "bottle bank" to keep it for the next time you come in!

(If you order individual drinks, about 4 or 5 only would cost you the same amount of money!).