“Good Place to Visiter”

Ranked #113 of 583 Restaurants in Colombo
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Crescat is the only Shopping place you can come a cross close to Galle Face Green. this is close to Cinnamon Grand hotel and Seylan Towers. simply it is on a middle of Hotel environment. clean and calm place. and you can do shopping easily. but believe me nothing is cheap in Crescat. after shopping if you want to have different tasty foods, you can go to food court which is in the basement. and different foods with different taste wait for you in line...
overall place is safe and good.

2  Thank Taaro
There are newer reviews for Crescat Boulevard

Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is by far the best shopping mall in Colombo. Nice shops, nice atmosphere and the lower floor they have a food court where you can dine different cuisines with reasonable prices!! It is next to the big Cinnamon Grand Hotel .... I keep visiting this place.... But, it is not cheap. You go there if you want to find good quality things. And of course they have a super market at the ground floor, next to food court with many imported things that are not easy to be found in Sri Lanka.

2  Thank Olga V
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I'm not sure whether most travellers to Sri Lanka suffered the same fate as us when they used local chauffeur/ guide. Ours refused to allow us to eat at random restaurants/ eateries..only stopping at either hotels or 'tourists approved' restaurants even though we repeatedly told him we wanted to eat local.

We finally managed to sample some local SL food (non hotel curries, hoppers etc.) at Crescat's foodcourt since we stayed at Cinnamon Grand, which was just next door.
The two main local food which I wanted to try was Lamprais and fried Kottu and lucky us, its available at the foodcourt.
Lamprais is a dish where they pack rice, some local chicken dish, fish cutlet, egg, vegetables, curry gravy and served wrapped in lotus leave. The one in the food court though tasty (a tad spicy too), was very salty.
Fried kottu is basically stir fried roti (cut into shreds) with spices, vegetables and egg. Again, we find this very tasty, but very salty too.

You should also try fresh wood apple juice from the juice stall. Wood apple is a local Sri Lanka fruit with an interesting flavour. Do try if you feel adventurous :-)

2  Thank Susan L
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I usually visit this place with my friends. Great place to have fun and and also foods,mobile phones,accessories.I love this place.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I know. I never thought I'd write a review of a food court. Let's move past that, shall we? It's a hectic, hunt-for-seating (or stand), lucky-to-snag-silverware mess down in the basement of this mall, but the Clay Pot Sri Lankan food stall (and the nearby juice stall) are amazing - still some of the best and no-holds-barred-spicy Sri Lankan food I had. More expensive than your off-the-street "hotel" curry and rice, but also a bit more accessible (especially if you're next door at the Cinnamon Grand).