“Amazing, brilliant, wonderful and not to miss!”

Paradise Road Tintagel Colombo
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Colombo
Reviewed 10 January 2010

We spent 3 nights at this fabulous luxury boutique hotel over 2009 Christmas. What a place. Stylish, luxurious, great service, and best of all a world class restaurant at truly extraordinary prices.

We were a group of 13 and quite demanding. The hotel and its exceelent staff bent over backwards to meet our every need and there were many!

The hotel does not have a license so make sure you bring your favourite tipple with you (Colombo Duty Free has a good selection).

If you are ever in Sri Lanka do NOT miss the Tintagel, in fact, even better, its worth visiting Sri Lanka just to stay here?

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 January 2010

This hotel was stunning in every way. My wife and I arrived on our honeymoon and stayed at the Tintagel for a short 3 day stay, we then travelled around Sri Lanka and were later joined by 11 of our friends from Sydney and spent the Xmas period at the Tintagel.
It is an exquisite property, in every way, its decor is incredibly stylish without being overbearing, it manages to pull off the romantic ideal of colonial Sri Lanka without being kitschy.
Service was fantastic, and the food was amazing (we were travelling with a celebrity chef from Sydney and he had the same opinion) Amazing property, I would recommend it to anyone. We will be back. Stunning.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2009

We stayed at the Tintagel for only one night on the final night of our Sri Lankan holiday and I really wished it could have been for longer.

The hotel is the former prime minister’s old residence and is set in a leafy, quiet street behind some large, heavy gates. The house is in the old colonial style and absolutely beautiful. As soon as you walk through the door you reach a wonderfully styled reception where you’re given a much-needed fresh cold flannel and a ginger drink.

On arrival in our gorgeous room we were given a complimentary bottle of red wine. The room itself was large and the four-poster bed fantastically comfortable with super soft linen and possibly the best pillows I’ve ever found! The bathroom was large with a full bath and a separate rainforest style shower. The whole hotel was very clean and the staff were very pleasant.

The food was absolutely fantastic. The only minor down point about this hotel is that it doesn’t have a licence to sell alcohol, which came as a real surprise considering it is supposed to be a top end hotel. However, this did not impede us as we were allowed to order wine from the associated Gallery Café which was brought over to us by Tuk Tuk in about 15 minutes. You can also take your own wine to the restaurant.

The meal itself was delicious and we were seated in a beautiful little courtyard. Thankfully the hotel had lit mosquito coils around each table, which was a great relief. The breakfast was also great.

There was a long, narrow swimming pool that looked clean and pleasant.

We also ate at the Gallery Café (part of the same Paradise Road company), which I can highly recommend – one of the best meals I’ve ever had.

I can highly recommend this hotel in Colombo, if only we could have stayed a few days longer!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2009

Ideal.Perfect.Beautiful.
i was on a visit to colombo in october and just before leaving home decided to give this place a try mostly on an impulse which had perhaps a lot to do with its unique sounding mysteriously beautiful name.
and the 4 nights i spent were a complete bliss and i was delighted to have selected this place.
very clean.superlative food.impeccable service without drama.and the exclusivity.perfect city center posh location.and to top it all such great interiors anyone would fall in love with.pure style and elegance which never lets go of functionality and comfort.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2009

To whom it may concern,

I was fortunate enough and lucky enough to find this place. I arrived at this amazing colonial white beautiful house which are the worlds first female prime ministers previous residence.
The house which has taken 2 years to design has reached its alltime high, it can't be better!
There is no chance that anyone but the owner could have done this a more charming, beautiful, cozy or wonderful place.

The service was great, the rooms were huge and with an interior that anyone would be amazed to experience and the spa was relaxing with a perfect message.

Something I will never forget.....
After ordering roomservice watching Hamilton win the grand prix while eating a delicious spagetti frutti di mare I decided to take a bath in the huge tub made of marble and polished concreet while enjoying my creme brulee that was amazing I just felt that life was great!

After my bath I went out on the balcony for a smoke and decided to go down for dinner. I ate a delicious dinner with a starter of stuffed mushrooms with feta cheese and for main a fabulous lamb with red wine sauce.
The hotel had great wines and food that I would never think of to find in Sri Lanka.

I been visiting 5-stars hotel around the world for ages and I must say that this hotel was top 3.

I promise that you wont regret this charming hotel, and i suggets and urge you to walk around and see the wonderful interior with furtitures from all around the world, all way from Sweden down to Australia.

A stay that you will never forget, for sure!

Enjoy!

Best Regards,
Erik
Yours Sincerely,
Erik Leksell

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2009

What a lovely place! the food was excellent, service was extraordinary and the location was great! This hotel was the ex-president's house at one time and thus it is very grand. We stayed in the north west suite which the manager said was the best. I strongly recommend this suite. This place is also very child-friendly. I have a son and he had a fantastic time at this hotel. I have also stayed at the Wallawha on this trip which is surprisingly no.1 in Sri Lanka hotels. This hotel is far ahead of Wallawha. I strongly recommend this hotel to all, whether they are single, couples or families. The manager here, Antonio Franke , was A lovely man and he'll help you chose the correct suite, if your'e not booking of the internet, because their website is fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2009

we stayed for two nights at this fantastic hotel and state that this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in during our worldwide travels.the balance between a luxurious boutique hotel and 'feel at home' is what makes this place special. the room we had was large and well appointed. the passion for design and good materials was evidet everywhere.
we had three fantasic meals at the restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family