“short, tight course”

Royal Colombo Golf Club
Ranked #26 of 102 Outdoor Activities in Colombo
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is apparantly the second oldest course outside the british isles. Very tight course that is flat and with few water hazards. If you hit stray you will hit somebody's house. It does however has its charms. there is a train track that goes across the course and sometimes you have to stop until the train passes.

The old colonial clubhouse looks a bit run down but they serve pretty decent food and drinks.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

My wife and myself played a round of golf on Dec. 14th, 2013 at the Colombo Royal Golf club. At the start of the round the starter "advised" us to keep all our belonging with us all the time which we did and now we know why he gave us this advice. When we were taking out the golf balls at the start of the next round of golf a few days later we noticed that about 15 golf balls had disappeared or about 7 golf balls each of both the bag on my wife and myself. We played golf all over the world and this is the first time this has happened to us !! So "beware of ALL your belongings" when you play at the Royal Golf Club.

1  Thank 301Paul
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Its a nice old golf club with tradition and good service and specially members only. I liked it thee food is really good staff has been there and knows exactly how to service to a very high standard.

1  Thank Kanishka M
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I like how I can still find my grandfather's name up on the awards board (from the 1930s!). Seriously, this place gives you a good idea of how things used to be. Nice building and ofcourse lovely course.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

we arrived early and sat out on the veranda of the 8th Green, enjoyed 2 huge bloody Mary's. We ordered lunch and was invited inside to eat. Coffee back on the veranda. Service was friendly but slow, but nice to sit and observe local golfers enjoy their golf and club

1  Thank spark41