“A little bit of self indulgence”
Review of Spa Ceylon

Spa Ceylon
Ranked #4 of 18 Spas & Wellness in Colombo
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa Ceylon Urban Spa-Park Street MewsThe Spa is set in a 100 year old tea warehouse from old Ceylon - at Colombo’s fashionable Park Street Mews.This Urban Spa & Boutique is a great place for Spa connoisseurs to treat themselves to a range of signature foot, hand & body treatment rituals in total luxury. The unique Spa design is inspired by old Ceylon, while the treatment range epitomizes the Spa Ceylon brand promise – to soothe, calm & relax your body mind & soul.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Visited the Park Street Mews location on a weekday evening and the entire place has a quite, serene atmosphere. The 90 minute full body massage was excellent and leaves you feeling rejuvenated for a few days. The massage room was nicely lit with soft music and fragrant candles with attached shower room. After the massage they give you a herbal tea with some jaggery and fruit which is a nice finish. Would recommend the Park Street Mews location as its spacious and quieter than the one at Dutch Hospital.

5  Thank Nishan P

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Heard a lot about white spa Ceylon ward place and dropped in yesterday with my wife . The staff at the reception are clueless about what they are doing we booked for a couples massage and there was only one therapist for almost 15 minutes attending to both of us . The body scrub was good after that we had a oil massage after which we were asked to have a shower before living the place we went into the washroom opened the shower applied soap all over and turned the shower on and to our dismay not a single drop of water dropped from our shower barely managed with a few drops falling from shower and wiped our whole body soaked in soap with the towel never had gone thru this experience in any spas I visited and the least from a well renowned spa like this. The only bright spot was the 2 therapist from Bali who did a wonderful job apart from that everything is unprofessional and not worth the money.

Cool ashy

3  Thank ganesh r
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just came home after a great massage at the Ward place location. However, I do have to advice potential guests that their appointment does not mean a thing to the staff that man the reception. I called them this morning to make an appointment. There was no answer or the line was busy. Since I was in the same vicinity, I decided to stop by personally and make an appointment. That was done for 12:30 and I was promised a great massage. I was running late, so I called them and no one bothered to let me know that there really was no one to give me a massage! Instead, they said it was alright if I run late. I got in 15 mints: late and was asked to take a seat. After being asked 3 times about the type of massage I was having nothing was happening. When I asked if there was a problem it was one lie after another! The bottom line? There was no masseuse available! Went ahead and changed my appointment for a late afternoon massage only because I had my mind set on going there. Too bad the staff is so very inefficient!

1  Thank TravelerC55
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Having heard great things about Spa Ceylon, I decided to treat myself and a friend to the Spa Ceylon in the Dutch Hospital complex. Although the masseuse spoke little English, she gave an excellent deep tissue massage that continues to have positive effects weeks later. Unfortunately, the spa itself was on the dingy side and didn't meet my expectations of a spa in that particular price range. I was especially surprised when I asked to use the washroom and they advised I had to go outside in the mall for bathroom facilities.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Had head, shoulder and back massage. It was extremely cold in the rooms, was freezing during the massages. Didnt remove clothes, and was sitting in a recliner, so the whole experience was awkward. Bodyscrub was god, but also in a really cold room, so when they covered us in yoghurt we were shaking and freezing. The products they use and sell are amazing. They are not tested on animals and completely natural. AND they smell soooo good!

1  Thank Monica V