Blue Gum Hotel
Palm Village Hotel(Uswetakeiyawa)
  • Breakfast included
Ared Villa(Katunayaka)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Stayed at Blue gum for seven days, it was great the hotel staff are very nice especially Tuan.
Easy to go around, we travelled by bus and 3 wheeler to go to Colombo,Few minutes walk to KFC. Safe to walk at night, you won't get lost because everyone around will help you. I would definitely go there again.

Room Tip: All rooms has nice view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank liza-eileen-marie61
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Firstly, I'm only giving 3 stars because the standard of accommodation in Sri Lanka generally isn't on a par with other parts of Asia. By Sri Lankan standards this hotel is very good.

I arrived at midnight and was greeted warmly and checked in efficiently. I asked for water and was brought a large, cold bottle for which I wasn't charged. My room was clean and comfortable with good aircon. I was told I could have breakfast whenever I wanted the next morning - a nice touch.

Breakfast was good and filling. On departure check out was also efficient and friendly. They directed me to a bus stop just across the road from where I was able to take a bus direct to Colombo Fort station for a few rupees. (It's about $25 in a rip off Colombo taxi).

As I said, Sri Lankan hotels are generally not great and very overpriced but this one is pretty good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LostInPyongyang
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This hotel is nice and a comfortable place to stay. Ideal for budget travelers. Clean rooms, food is good. Their staff is friendly and very accommodating. It is in good location between airport and city centre.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank gelcamacho
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We, a group of three couples, stayed in the Blue Gum Hotel just for one night, but it was a good stay. Very nice stuff, our room was very clean and the bathroom new (the others said their room wasn't that great) and the breakfast was very good and freshly made. Short but good stay!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank agi l
Reviewed 30 March 2013

The only reason I can think of to stay at the Blue Gum is for a late night arrival or early morning departure out of Colombo. It's fine---fairly clean rooms and bathroom, aircon, and close proximity to the airport. The rooms are quiet and the staff is friendly, but it is BASIC. Breakfast is all you need to get you going for your transfer to somewhere else: eggs, toast, and fruit. It's fine for a quick stopover, but I wouldn't stay more than one night.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family