“Beautiful and Comfortable hotel”
Review of Colombo Courtyard

Colombo Courtyard
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Colombo
The Netherlands
“Beautiful and Comfortable hotel”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Excellent hotel with great customer service. Clean, comfortable and new rooms at the city centre. The roof top bar and cafe was great, again with great service. Less costly compared to most Colombo city hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Colombo C, Chief Executive officer at Colombo Courtyard, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you so much for giving us such wonderful comments on your recent stay at Colombo Courtyard, and I am delighted to hear that you had felt that you received value for the money for stay with our facilities and ultimate hospitality.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere created at the Cloud Café Bar on the rooftop.

Once again I thank you for the constructive comments posted on the Tripadvisor and look forward to welcome you back to the Colombo Courtyard in the near future.

Chief Executive officer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for just one night on arrival in Sri Lanka. Food was average. Room just about ok but located right behind reception so it was really noisy all night. All in all acceptable but still below our expectations.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Farfan_Fan
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor for your recent stay at Colombo Courtyard.

Nevertheless, we were deeply sorry to read that your experience has not been entirely in keeping with your expectations and that you had to face an unpleasant experience at night with the noise at the reception during your stay.

I am obviously disappointed that you found the food to be average and would like more feedback directly addressed to me, so that I could investigate and rectify the shortfall of our product, which normally receives price worthy comments.

All your comments are very much valued, while taking remedial measures to overcome such situations in the future, we sincerely apologize for not being able to live up to your expectations on this occasion, and hope you would give us another opportunity to ensure you take pleasant memories of Colombo Courtyard.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay. Friendly people and good food at fair prices. 3 stay new an look forward to come back again. Convenient location if you are in Colombo. What else can we say. Once find a good place you better go back there. Loving it. ;-)))))))

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Colombo C, Chief Executive officer at Colombo Courtyard, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
We thank you for sharing your views after your recent stay at Colombo Courtyard.
It is a pleasure to read that you found the location of the hotel to be ideal for your stay and you are delighted with the hospitality delivered by my team to make your stay “home away from home with luxury”. Our commitment is to provide our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry, thus constructive observations are welcomed always.

I do hope that you will choose Colombo Courtyard on your next visit, as well. Please do contact me directly at ceoccl@colombocourtyard.com and I will personally oversee your stay.

kent
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Arrived after a long flight and what a pleasant surprise. Very friendly and warm welcome.
Really spacious and clean rooms with lovey selection and good quality toiletries. We had rooms 108, 212 & 216. We had our evening meal at the Scarlet Restaurant . This restaurant is very dark needs bit more lighting. Food and drinks took long time to arrive but well worth the wait, food was delicious . We went to the Cloud bar which is located on the roof terrace. They had jazz band playing, really lively atmosphere. On the down side the pool area is not as clean as we would have liked. Sun lounger cushions not clean all looked dirty with dirt marks.
Special mention to Mohammed who was always happy to help . All the staff at this hotel are very friendly. Shame we only had 1 night at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mirchew
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor on your recent stay at the Colombo Courtyard.

I am really impressed to hear, that my team welcomed you warmly to the hotel and glad to read that you found our rooms comfortable and spacious along with our guest amenities.

It is a great pleasure to hear that you were delighted with the food served at the Scarlet Room and I have addressed your concerns about the delay and the lighting limitations of the Scarlet room with the management. I am also personally taking steps to address the team with regards to the cleanliness of the Pool and the sun lounger cushions highlighted.

Your feedback holds great value, to identify areas for improvement and assure you that we are following up with all relevant departments so as to rectify and streamline our services for all future stays.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere created at the Cloud Café Bar on the rooftop along with the Jazz Band.

I will be sure to share your comments with regards to Mohamed’s service and courteousy.

Once again I thank you for the constructive comments posted on the Tripadvisor and hope to welcome you back to Colombo Courtyard in the near future.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was on an urgent Business trip to Colombo but the other hotels where I had stayed before were fully booked. I looked through the TripAdvisor reviews and went ahead with the Colombo Courtyard hoping that I had made a good choice and At the end of the stay I was glad that I had indeed made a very good decision. My only regret is that I could not stay longer. This place is perfect for those private idyllic getaways. The ambience is very soothing, cosy and beautiful.

I reached around 11.30 pm at night and was very tired and really hungry. The restaurant closes around 11 pm but they were kind enough to take my order as soon as I arrived and whipped up some good food. The hotel staff ensured that the check in was smooth and I was pleasantly surprised when they gave me a free upgrade to a Suite Room. The rooms are well maintained. Sleep Quality was excellent. Overall a great experience (Solo Female Traveller). Would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Colombo C, Chief Executive officer at Colombo Courtyard, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you so much for giving us a wonderful review on your recent stay at Colombo Courtyard, which tells us we are on the right path!

I was really impressed to hear such generous comment on your soothing stay in our hotel for a short period.

Highlights of the service efficiency in both Front of House and Housekeeping staff you experienced tells me that the hard work put in by the Management Team, is paying dividends. I am sure they will be so delighted to read your response.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope that you will stay with us again for a longer period during your next visit to Colombo.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Colombo courtyard was our first stop on our 3 week journey around Sri Lanka and was always going to be one of the more fancy hotels we stayed in after a long journey from Heathrow.

We arrived at 7am not realising the check in was from 3pm which was an additional $60 US charge which at the time I did not even care about paying however in hindsight is slightly annoying so if you are booking, may be worth looking into arranging an early checkin, in advance!

After the the journey however, we couldn't really have asked for more, the rooms are huge and quite luxurious with a large living room and bedroom (massive tv's, Mac, several air con units) as well as giant bathroom with shower and bath easily big enough for 2!

The location was great, we like to walk so easily able to walk everywhere although be warned the pavements through colombo are poor and if you walk at night, take a torch for when crossing roads to be seen!

The pool area was and the food was good although over priced compared to the rest of the city.

We fly out of colombo later in our trip and I will definitely look to stay here again!

Stayed July 2014
Colombo C, Chief Executive officer at Colombo Courtyard, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for giving us positive comments about your recent stay at Colombo Courtyard.

I'm concerned to hear that your check in process was not up to your expectations and will follow up with my team on where we can improve when handling such kind of issues on the guests’ arrival experience.

However, pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the location, extent of the room and bathroom set up, pool and the food.

Since, the pavements are re-surfaced by the local council in the area, I really apologize if you experienced any inconvenience while crossing the road at night.

Once again I thank you for the constructive comments posted on the Tripadvisor and hope to welcome you back to Colombo Courtyard in the future.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Initially I was a skeptic... having read through all the reviews, I really was not sure. I think though on the plus side the "CEO" had replied objectively to all reviews :)

Booked the hotel in a rush, it was on a list of 3, but others were fully booked, and they had availability. So would check with them 1st - :)

The Bad (if you wanna call it bad):
1. Cloud Cafe Restaurant on level 3 had a great vibe with live jazz, was really nice setting too, being on the top of the building. Really nice menu - good value for money... Ordered the jumbo prawns, which were nice, however when you order "JUMBO" prawns you expect decent sized prawns, they were on the smaller side. Cocktails really nice, & Pizza yummy
2. I found the waiters to be a bit more like order takers than waiters. Not really familiar with the menu and very slow. We asked for some garlic butter and initially he said we cant have it, surely a chef could make us a bit of garlic butter. We did get in the end. :)

The Good Stuff
1. Meet & Greet - Our arrival, happy pleasant staff, looking forward to seeing us, we just wanted the juice and aircon - it was HOT in Colombo
2. Check in process - easy easy, swift, would have been nice if the aircon was already on it the bedroom.
3. We got upgraded for some reason!!!! to a suite :) talk about a nice special surprise for our last night in Colombo, thank you Colombo Courtyard
4. Room was clean and comfortable - spectacular really, worthy of the 5 stars
5. We were made to be feel special, the way it should, after all we work all year for this holiday!

The Interesting part is what really made the hotel for me was not the room, not the jumbo prawns, not the 4 poster bed, or the room upgrade, but actually the service we received on the morning of our departure...

My partner got really sick and was actually in a very serious state, I had to call the front desk and try to book and emergency doctor which they swiftly arranged, and then they went to collect the medicine etc etc, They took all of that responsibility away from me so I could care for my partner!

We knew though that check in was at 11am so I went down to front desk and spoke with a tall young man, I think he was quite high up maybe a manager or director at the hotel. He knew about the situation, and quite quickly suggested we stay until in the room until 4pm with no additional in charge and he will arrange the airport drop off! He wanted us to be as comfortable as we could be, and for this I commend the hotel for outstanding service. My partner was on the floor in our bathroom in tears at one point and I really did not think we were going to get home that day, let alone I thought we might be on the street looking for another hotel in her state.

I would recommend this hotel to every person who goes to Colombo for holiday, they really treated us well, and made us enjoy our stay. Knowing that they are flexible when in need means a whole lot to a visitor and makes for a much better trip.

Thank you Thank you 5 stars for sure.

Room Tip: Leave it in their hands