“Great place to stay”
Review of Colombo Courtyard

Colombo Courtyard
Ranked #8 of 54 Hotels in Colombo
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Great food, friendly staff, we had the room on the ground floor behind reception which was a little dungeon-like. There was an apple mac in the room with very quick internet which was good.

Great location to explore the city from and a there is a great atmosphere here. Looking at other reviews, and based upon our experience I suggest you make that ground floor room behind reception a cheaper offering than other rooms. We paid top dollar and asked for the best room you had during booking, I wish we had experienced one of the rooms with garden which would have made our stay even better.

We loved the rooftop restaurant.

Room Tip: Tell them specifically that you don't want the ground floor room behind reception. It seems that...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank unknowncrusader
Colombo C, Chief Executive Officer at Colombo Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor on your recent stay at the Colombo Courtyard.

I am delighted than you enjoyed our food along with the hospitality delivered by my team to make your stay enjoyable.

And thank you for highlighting the “ Apple mac in the room with very quick internet” which we have addressed after receiving your valuable feedback in the past. Will also take into account the comment about the room behind the reception, which I believe contributed in giving you an unpleasant experience, where I have personally addressed the issue with the team at Front Office.

I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere created at the Cloud Café Bar on the rooftop.

Once again I thank you for the constructive comments posted on the Tripadvisor and hope to welcome you back to Colombo Courtyard in the near future.

Until such time,

Best Regards,

Nishan Moonesinghe.

There are newer reviews for Colombo Courtyard

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel is very well located in Colombo making it easy to get around. The larger rooms are incredible. Huge rooms with four poster beds and iMacs in each room. Some have little private gardens or lounge areas. I can see how if you get a ground floor room in the lobby it could be a very different experience though (see room recommendations)

The pool is small but lovely as is the spa jet pool. The roof bar is great at night and has a good happy hour.

Room Tip: Avoid room 101 (right behind reception on ground floor) Equally rooms 201 and 301 which are on the c...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

We thank you for sharing your views after your recent stay at Colombo Courtyard.

It is a pleasure to read that you found the location of the hotel to be ideal for your stay and our “Huge” rooms were comfortable and spacious to make it a fantastic experience.

Also thankful to you for your special mention of the Pool, Roof Top Bar and the Happy hour at the Colombo Courtyard.

I do hope that you will choose Colombo Courtyard on your next visit, as well. Please do contact me directly at ceoccl@colombocourtyard.com and I will personally oversee your next stay.

Until such time,

Best Regards,

Nishan Moonesinghe.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Excellent hotel with great customer service. Clean, comfortable and new rooms at the city centre. The roof top bar and cafe was great, again with great service. Less costly compared to most Colombo city hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Colombo C, Chief Executive officer at Colombo Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you so much for giving us such wonderful comments on your recent stay at Colombo Courtyard, and I am delighted to hear that you had felt that you received value for the money for stay with our facilities and ultimate hospitality.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere created at the Cloud Café Bar on the rooftop.

Once again I thank you for the constructive comments posted on the Tripadvisor and look forward to welcome you back to the Colombo Courtyard in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for just one night on arrival in Sri Lanka. Food was average. Room just about ok but located right behind reception so it was really noisy all night. All in all acceptable but still below our expectations.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Farfan_Fan

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor for your recent stay at Colombo Courtyard.

Nevertheless, we were deeply sorry to read that your experience has not been entirely in keeping with your expectations and that you had to face an unpleasant experience at night with the noise at the reception during your stay.

I am obviously disappointed that you found the food to be average and would like more feedback directly addressed to me, so that I could investigate and rectify the shortfall of our product, which normally receives price worthy comments.

All your comments are very much valued, while taking remedial measures to overcome such situations in the future, we sincerely apologize for not being able to live up to your expectations on this occasion, and hope you would give us another opportunity to ensure you take pleasant memories of Colombo Courtyard.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay. Friendly people and good food at fair prices. 3 stay new an look forward to come back again. Convenient location if you are in Colombo. What else can we say. Once find a good place you better go back there. Loving it. ;-)))))))

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Colombo C, Chief Executive officer at Colombo Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

It is a pleasure to read that you found the location of the hotel to be ideal for your stay and you are delighted with the hospitality delivered by my team to make your stay “home away from home with luxury”. Our commitment is to provide our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry, thus constructive observations are welcomed always.

I do hope that you will choose Colombo Courtyard on your next visit, as well. Please do contact me directly at ceoccl@colombocourtyard.com and I will personally oversee your stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Arrived after a long flight and what a pleasant surprise. Very friendly and warm welcome.
Really spacious and clean rooms with lovey selection and good quality toiletries. We had rooms 108, 212 & 216. We had our evening meal at the Scarlet Restaurant . This restaurant is very dark needs bit more lighting. Food and drinks took long time to arrive but well worth the wait, food was delicious . We went to the Cloud bar which is located on the roof terrace. They had jazz band playing, really lively atmosphere. On the down side the pool area is not as clean as we would have liked. Sun lounger cushions not clean all looked dirty with dirt marks.
Special mention to Mohammed who was always happy to help . All the staff at this hotel are very friendly. Shame we only had 1 night at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mirchew

I am really impressed to hear, that my team welcomed you warmly to the hotel and glad to read that you found our rooms comfortable and spacious along with our guest amenities.

It is a great pleasure to hear that you were delighted with the food served at the Scarlet Room and I have addressed your concerns about the delay and the lighting limitations of the Scarlet room with the management. I am also personally taking steps to address the team with regards to the cleanliness of the Pool and the sun lounger cushions highlighted.

Your feedback holds great value, to identify areas for improvement and assure you that we are following up with all relevant departments so as to rectify and streamline our services for all future stays.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere created at the Cloud Café Bar on the rooftop along with the Jazz Band.

I will be sure to share your comments with regards to Mohamed’s service and courteousy.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was on an urgent Business trip to Colombo but the other hotels where I had stayed before were fully booked. I looked through the TripAdvisor reviews and went ahead with the Colombo Courtyard hoping that I had made a good choice and At the end of the stay I was glad that I had indeed made a very good decision. My only regret is that I could not stay longer. This place is perfect for those private idyllic getaways. The ambience is very soothing, cosy and beautiful.

I reached around 11.30 pm at night and was very tired and really hungry. The restaurant closes around 11 pm but they were kind enough to take my order as soon as I arrived and whipped up some good food. The hotel staff ensured that the check in was smooth and I was pleasantly surprised when they gave me a free upgrade to a Suite Room. The rooms are well maintained. Sleep Quality was excellent. Overall a great experience (Solo Female Traveller). Would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Colombo C, Chief Executive officer at Colombo Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you so much for giving us a wonderful review on your recent stay at Colombo Courtyard, which tells us we are on the right path!

I was really impressed to hear such generous comment on your soothing stay in our hotel for a short period.

Highlights of the service efficiency in both Front of House and Housekeeping staff you experienced tells me that the hard work put in by the Management Team, is paying dividends. I am sure they will be so delighted to read your response.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope that you will stay with us again for a longer period during your next visit to Colombo.