“Expensive for 6 hours, but Garden in the Desert”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colombo
Serenediva Colombo Transit
Ranked #30 of 150 Speciality Lodging in Colombo
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have stayed here for spending 6 hours transit at the Colombo airport with my 4 year old boy.
The Hotel itself is very nice and very very large for my boy to play around. Nice bed to relax. But the aricon is not cool, feels very hot after shower. The bathroom has nice bath tub for my boy to play and has all the essentials.

I fell the price is little expensive 55USD for 6 hours but because of little airport and nothing to go around, you have no choice. They give wake up call 1 hour before your flight so no need to worry of delay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeganarayanan
There are newer reviews for Serenediva Colombo Transit

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I had a 9 hour wait at Colombo Airport. I was coming from Muscat, Oman and my next flight to Cochin was after 9 hours. $50 for 6 hours is a bit too expensive but the room was neat. The wake up call came right on time. I could not arrange the ac temperature and there were no bath / hand towels and the soap kept in the bath was used by someone else. But, this is the only place where you can rest inside colombo airport and it is not bad. The room was very clean, neat and tidy. I had make my booking via e-mail and the receptionist had made all the arrangements when i arrived quickly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Tonny J
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Good for a night halt at Colombo Airport. I stayed here on my way back fro Shanghai and had to stay overnight to catch my connecting flight. Convenient as the hotel is situated inside the airport. The rooms were clean .Could not adjust the aircon and no blankets were provided. Got chilled at night. Other wise the stay was comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank vinod69
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The hotel as always is good for a nights sleep. But then always I have found problems with there Aircon, which I could not adjust. Always ask for an extra blanket as the Aircon can chill you haif night.

The staff is very helpful and very prompt in there wake up calls and reminders of your flight. The serc=vice boys were also very good with that extra bottle of water , if you need one..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TejIndia
Reviewed 21 November 2013

55$ for 6 hours is a bit too much.But the rooms are good,its air conditioned and they provide toothbrush,paste,shampoo etc to freshen up in the morning.We experienced difficulties making a reservation.Finally we took a room after reaching the airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Had a reservation at this hotel confirmed a month in advance. When we arrived to check in we was told they could not find our reservation and the hotel was full. I showed front desk clerk named Gayan our confirmation email and he just laughed and walked off. He refused to give me his name and I only found it out through someone else. Gayan also refused to lend me a pen he was holding and couldn't care a less that we arrived to this hotel at midnight with nowhere to go. Shameful service and I strongly advise anyone to avoid this sham of a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Paul1966H
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We booked this for 6 hrs before our early morning flight in 4th September. The room is decent. Free wifi works well. They hardly have good tv channels. You are stuck with very few options. Their website says basic toiletries provided but none was there. The receptionist can smile a little. He had a grumpy face when we arrived. All this said, book this hotel only if you are actually in between flights and not stepping out of the airport. If you have any plans of arriving the airport at night for an early morning flight and spending that time here, keep at least 3 hrs extra on hand. It is a pain to check in early and clear the immigration and reach the hotel. No one in the entire airport knows about this place including folks from srilankan airlines passenger help team...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Naveen2703
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colombo
No photo provided
#6 of 15 in Katunayake
Airport City Hub
Airport City Hub
#1 of 16 in Katunayaka

Been to Serenediva Colombo Transit? Share your experiences!