“Nice place to spot birds”
Review of Talangama Wetland

Talangama Wetland
Ranked #54 of 151 things to do in Colombo
Reviewed 25 May 2014

A lovely quiet place to go if you are interested in bird watching. I got there by tuk tuk and the driver waited as it is a bit out of the way. Although I went there at 11 in the morning I was able to see some birds but I am sure it is even nicer very early in the morning.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

number of birds to be seen and it's location so close to the hotel. Had we arrived at the hotel in the afternoon we would have had more time than we had the next morning before we left for our next stop on our trip. The wetland is an ideal habitat for wading birds and a good place for bird watchers, novices and professionals alike.

1  Thank goatfishEngland
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This morning at 6 am a colleague who works at our Sri lanka office took me and another colleague for birdwatching here. We saw more than 25 different bird species, it was spectacular and I can highly recommend it.

2  Thank lizade
Reviewed 8 January 2014

like- quiet,shady, lots of birds, has garden seats to just sit and relax
dislike- access roads are horrid.once one gets there it is ok for cycling.being too quiet can invite shady characters. so being aware will help.

3  Thank shifa_ja
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My girlfriend I visited the wetlands today.Our concierge told us there was'nt much to see, as this is where he was from, and in a sense he was right. When we eventually arrived our tuk tuk driver was not sure we were there untill we said "yes this is it" as there were a few signs about the Thalangama Tank and the nature to be found in it. I think we were expecting a bit more from the place, maybe some dedicated paths, hides and more information about the area. There was only the road we came in on and this was fairly busy. We did stop for a short while and managed to see people bathing in the water outlet, a family of pigs and many different types of birds. i would recommend this area for ornithologists.

2  Thank Paul F