“Probably the best apartments in Colombo” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hilton Colombo Residence
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Colombo
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Probably the best apartments in Colombo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We spent 5 nights in a 3 bedroom apartment with view of the ocean and the lake. This view would probably disappear in a few months as there is some construction smack in the direction of the ocean. The apartment was well equipped with most of our needs except for washing soap and towels for the kitchen. I was not happy with the mugs used in the kitchen as it was not very clean and the design made it difficult to clean so we did not use them. Overall the stay was comfortable, the staff were excellent and saw to our every need. The location is very central. There is a supermarket nearby where we could get our supplies for whatever we needed. I would stay here again if we are a group. The only grouse is the air conditioning which did not seem very effective and int eh single bedroom it was noisy and disturbed sleep

Room Tip: Take a high floor room with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerHCR, General Manager at Hilton Colombo Residence, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Ladybeans,

Thank you so taking time to review your stay at Hilton Colombo Residences; I value your comment on the Team being ‘excellent’ and I am glad your stay was comfortable.

The hotel has recently launched its new Bar & Lounge that offers specialty brewed beverages with an assortment of freshly baked treats, pastries, salads & sandwiches, and specialty cakes, also available for take away. This bar lounge serves single malt whiskeys, wines and many other international beverages. Apart from the suites offering 2 or 3 bedrooms, we have just launched a range of new single rooms on level 28 offering modern amenities and amazing views of the Ocean and city skyline.

Karim Schadlou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Good location & valve for the money because you get 1 ,2 or 3 bed room apartment for good valve. Very good for the families coming with few people who is travailing to Sri Lanka. Centrally located near by super markets available. about 2 km to the beach if some on wants to walking to the shopping complex like Odel they can walk too

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Roshantha K
Dear Roshantha K,

Thank you so taking time to review your stay at Hilton Colombo Residences and five star recommendations for Value and Location.

Apart from the suites offering 2 or 3 bedrooms, we have just launched a range of new single rooms on level 28 offering modern amenities and amazing views of the Ocean and city skyline. These single rooms are best suited for business travelers. The suites are spacious and serve families or groups whose stays are longer.

The hotel is accessible through multiple routes and is conveniently located in close proximity to the central business district, two large groceries, banking institutions, and hospitals. These factors make Hilton Colombo Residences the preferred choice for leisure and business travelers.

United States, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My family of 4 stayed with Hilton Colombo Residence for 2 nights last week. We booked a 3-room suite. When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk reps welcomed us and the check in process was very fast. One of the rep walked with us to the suites. The suite is spacious, elegantly decorated, come with a full kitchen and a cloth washer. In addition, the suite is spotless clean, the shower is modern, the beds are comfortable. What surprised most is the welcome package prepared by the hotel with a welcome card from the general manager Karim Schadlou. On the dinning table, Karim's team prepared cakes, fruits, appetizers, a bottle of wine, soft drinks and many many other foods, all complimentary. The next morning, we went to the restaurant for breakfast. We were greeted by the hotel manager and the staff. They attended to family, explained and made suggestions on various type of foods which we as Americans are not familiar with. The breakfast had lots of choices and are delicious. After a tour of the city in a hot day, my kids are retreated to the pool. The water is clear, temperature is just right and the hotel has someone looks like a life guard watching the swimmers. I travel a lot. My preferred hotels are Hyatt and Hilton. The 3-room suite is one of the best rooms I have stayed. I would highly recommend to families with kids. Karim and team did a fantastic job during our stay. It exceeded our family's expectation. Thanks to all the staff and managers of Colombo Hilton Residence. I will stay with you again next time when I come to Colombo.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Larry_USA_USA
Dear Larry_USA_USA,

Thank you so much for a lovely review of your recent stay at Hilton Colombo Residences – it is truly an honour to read such kind words describing my Team, the suite and the overall facilities! Your comments will be passed on to my Team, who I’m sure will be equally delighted.

I am happy to note that you appreciated the speed of check-in and that you found your suite to be ‘spotless’ as you put it and that it was comfortable for you and your family. I appreciate the comments on the breakfast buffet and overall dining experience, we have been told that our breakfast buffet is one of the best in town! We do encourage our Guests to try out the local favourites.

Once again, I thank you for your recommendation on Tripadvisor; please do not hesitate to contact me directly on karim.schadlou@hilton.com for any other matter. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Notts, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Really nice, clean and really helpful and friendly staff. Rooms really comfy and plenty of room. Great if you are sharing with friends or work colleagues. The breakfast is really good and plenty of choice. The pool is just divine and a really must to swim in to cool down! The bar area is nice and clean and staff on hand to help out. Food in the restaurant for the evening is fantastic. Well worth the stay

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GeneralManagerHCR, General Manager at Hilton Colombo Residence, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Marie S,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at Hilton Colombo Residences; your comment on it being ‘worth the stay’ is great to read. Your ratings of five stars for Service, Location, Rooms, Cleanliness are much appreciated!

I appreciate the comments on the helpfulness of the staff, level of comfort in the rooms, and breakfast buffet. The hotel has recently launched its new Bar & Lounge that offers specialty brewed beverages with an assortment of freshly baked treats, pastries, salads & sandwiches, and specialty cakes, also available for take away. This bar lounge serves single malt whiskeys, wines and many other international beverages.

Apart from the suites offering 2 or 3 bedrooms, we have just launched a range of new single rooms on level 28 offering modern amenities and amazing views of the Ocean and city skyline. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Experienced the service of best hotel staff ever. It was very comfortable. Very spacious apartments. Clean and quiet. They provide the best in-room dining experience. Also breakfast buffet was superb with a wide range of choices and mouthwatering food.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Neomal D
GeneralManagerHCR, General Manager at Hilton Colombo Residence, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Neomal D,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review commending the staff and service at Hilton Colombo Residences; it was such a pleasure to read! Your comments will be passed on to my Team, who I’m sure will be equally delighted.

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay and how you enjoyed your time here; I appreciate the comments on the breakfast buffet and overall dining experience. The hotel has recently launched its new Bar & Lounge that offers specialty brewed beverages with an assortment of freshly baked treats, pastries, salads & sandwiches, and specialty cakes, also available for take away. This bar lounge serves single malt whiskeys, wines and many other international beverages.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a regular hotel when visiting Colombo, but my most recent stay in May was rather disappointing. The two bedroom apartment I was given was dirty, shabby and badly in need of a complete refurbishment. I'm disappointed that despite being a regular at this property (and a HiltonHonours member), I was given such a terrible room. If regulars receive this type of treatment, wonder what newcomers get!

Room Tip: Don't know: Threaten to write an adverse review on Trip Advisor?
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jay552013
GeneralManagerHCR, General Manager at Hilton Colombo Residence, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Jay552013,

First, I thank you for opting to stay at Hilton Colombo Residences during your visit to Colombo; I understand that this is your second stay with us. The first review in December was a positive one, and I was regretful to read that your visit was disappointing.

I need to assure you that we take full measures to ensure that all guestrooms are clean and Hilton Honors guests are recognized and feel welcome. As for conditions in guestrooms, we are currently engaged in upgrading the suites in some floors progressively from the higher floors to the lower ones. The new single rooms targeted at business travelers, offering contemporary guest amenities were launched in May 2014 as well.

May I please ask if during your stay you had reported any of the issues you had experienced to anyone Team Member? I would like to look in to this personally – please do not hesitate to contact me on karim.schadlou@hilton.com.

Thank you for taking time to review your stay, and I look forward to rectifying this issue so we can once again restore the image you had of the hotel during your first stay.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

It was a superb experience for me and my wife. Excellent staff and service and the food was awsome. Rooms were very clean and spacious than we expected. Friendlyness of the staff was experienced from the entrance it self.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Nirosh A
GeneralManagerHCR, General Manager at Hilton Colombo Residence, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Nirosh A,

Thank you for your delightful review of 5 stars for Value, Location, Rooms, Cleanliness and Service. I’m touched by your comments to read that the Team was friendly, and you experienced it at the time of arrival. Your lovely comments will be shared with the Team who will be equally delighted to read this.

The hotel offers 2 or 3 bedrooms for guests whose stays are longer and are traveling with family; we have launched a range of new single rooms on level 28 offering modern amenities and amazing views of the Ocean and city skyline. The suites are great for families or extended stays, however, the new single rooms are best for business travelers. All guest rooms of the hotel offer views of the beautiful Beira Lake, the Indian Ocean, Colombo Harbour, or the city.

Once again, I thank you for your recommendation on Tripadvisor; please do not hesitate to contact me directly on karim.schadlou@hilton.com. I look forward to welcoming you in the near future!