“Good hotel for family”

Hilton Colombo Residences
Ranked #12 of 56 Hotels in Colombo
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We took 3 bedroom suite for 5 adults. Living area was huge with LCD TV.
Kitchen is seprated but good size.
Rooms are not too much spacious and not luxurious.
Staff is really very cooperative, even when we booked three separate room for our stay they change it to one 3 bedroom suite without charging any thing for changing booking.

Room Tip: Chosse wooden flooring rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManagerHCR, General Manager at Hilton Colombo Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Shikha M,

Thank you for your review commending my Team at Hilton Colombo Residences, I am glad to know that they were able to assist you with the booking process.

Apart from the suites offering 2 or 3 bedrooms, we have just launched a range of new single rooms on level 28 offering modern amenities and amazing views of the Ocean and city skyline. There is significant renovation and updates taking place in the suites, starting from the top most floors, cascading downwards.

Once again, I thank you for your recommendation on Tripadvisor; please do not hesitate to contact me directly on karim.schadlou@hilton.com for any other matter. My Team and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Excellent food choice the chef Ashwini cooks like home food (Indian) best Indian food in Colombo
Personalised service by restaurant managers namely Harsha and Ruwan.
The front office team is warm and willing to help

Room Tip: Rooms above 15th floor have excellent view and good breeze flowing.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Neeraj S

Dear Neeraj S,

First, I would like to thank you for your wonderful comment to acknowledging Chef Ashwini, Harsha and Ruwan from my Team; I will share these comments with the Team and I am sure they will be thrilled to read your responses.

In the month of July, Hilton Colombo Residences appointed Chef Ashwini Kumar as the hotel’s resident chef who will specialize in Indian cuisine for in room dining, restaurants, banquets and outdoor catering sections.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The 2 bedroom/2 bath suites are spacious and comfortable. The pool is fantastic. The tennis court and workout facility are an added bonus. The hotel is undergoing updates to all of its suites. We stayed in an updated/refurbished room and the changes to the decor and bathrooms (compared to our previous visit 18 months ago) are a big improvement. The service at this hotel, from the folks at the reception to the chefs and the wait staff at the restaurant/pool, is top-notch. As a Diamond member the amenities I received far exceeded my expectations, including a welcome basket of fruits, a bottle of wine, and appetizers that were sent to our room on several occasions.

1  Thank Ram S

Dear Ram S,

First, I would like to thank you for your wonderful comment to acknowledge my Team as ‘top notch’ – such lovely comments are always a pleasure to read and I credit my Team for making your experience at Hilton Colombo Residences a positive one. I also appreciate that you noted the difference in your stay in July compared to your previous one 18 months ago!

HHonors guests are always recognized, and my Team and I strive towards making experience in our hotel truly count. Thank you for your comments on the pool and tennis court too!

Once again, I thank you for your recommendation on Tripadvisor; please do not hesitate to contact me directly on karim.schadlou@hilton.com for any other matter. My Team and I hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is full of cheer leaders from reception to room service. Very dedicated individual and this place is the best because of those people. Just try one time, you will be addicted to them. Hope this place will stay in the same quality and I am keep coming for last 7 years and planning to continue. I can see, many hotels are building around Hilton, but I don't know if they able to offer what HR offer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Techno-0739

Dear Techno-0739,

It gave me great pleasure to read your wonderful review of your stay at Hilton Colombo Residences; I am truly appreciative of your wonderful comments of my Team Members whom you refer to as ‘Cheerleaders’, please rest assured that your comments will be shared with the Team who will be delighted to read your super review.

I am grateful to read that you have been a guest at HCR for seven years and that you plan to continue; the hotel has made significant progress over the last few years.

Apart from the suites offering 2 or 3 bedrooms, we have just launched a range of new single rooms on level 28 offering modern amenities and amazing views of the Ocean and city skyline. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

we really had a great stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms clean, comfortable and very large. Highlights were the breakfast buffet and the Lounge Bar. A particular mention of Oliver who manages the Lounge Bar, he has made it an inviting, relaxed place that has a range of cocktails, spirits etc that are second to none. All up fantastic experience

1  Thank Janelle M

Dear Janelle M,

Thank you so taking time to review your stay at Hilton Colombo Residences; your warm compliment on the services offered by Oliver, restaurant manager for the Bar & Lounge is appreciated. I also thank you for your comments on the cleanliness, comfort, spaciousness of the suite, and the breakfast buffet. I'm glad to note that your overall stay with HCR was positive!

The hotel recently launched its new Bar & Lounge that offers specialty brewed beverages with an assortment of freshly baked treats, pastries, salads & sandwiches, and specialty cakes, also available for take away. This bar lounge serves single malt whiskeys, wines and many other international beverages.

Once again, I thank you for your recommendation on Tripadvisor; please do not hesitate to contact me directly on karim.schadlou@hilton.com for any other matter. I look forward to welcoming yous soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The staff here are all excellent from front office, restaurant, bar, housekeeping etc. They are undergoing refurbishment which is long overdue. The rooms are getting a little tired. They are still adequate however. One always feels the staff are genuinely trying to help make the stay better. It seems churlish to pick staff out but Chef Ashwini is an excellent Induan chef. Try his food! Rukmal in the restaurant is always friendly and very helpful.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Alan C
GeneralManagerHCR, General Manager at Hilton Colombo Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Alan C,

Thank you for your five-star review of your recent stay at Hilton Colombo Residences! I am thrilled to read you describe my Team as ‘Excellent’! They love to ensure that our guests leave the hotel with a positive impression of the hotel, brand and country and I’m glad to read that you find their service genuine.

Apart from the suites offering 2 or 3 bedrooms, we have just launched a range of new single rooms on level 28 offering modern amenities and amazing views of the Ocean and city skyline. The suites on the higher floors are currently under-going transition and this will cascade to the lower floors in time. I appreciate your comments on the interior requiring refurbishment, and you can rest assured that this is being done.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We spent 5 nights in a 3 bedroom apartment with view of the ocean and the lake. This view would probably disappear in a few months as there is some construction smack in the direction of the ocean. The apartment was well equipped with most of our needs except for washing soap and towels for the kitchen. I was not happy with the mugs used in the kitchen as it was not very clean and the design made it difficult to clean so we did not use them. Overall the stay was comfortable, the staff were excellent and saw to our every need. The location is very central. There is a supermarket nearby where we could get our supplies for whatever we needed. I would stay here again if we are a group. The only grouse is the air conditioning which did not seem very effective and int eh single bedroom it was noisy and disturbed sleep

Room Tip: Take a high floor room with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Ladybeans,

Thank you so taking time to review your stay at Hilton Colombo Residences; I value your comment on the Team being ‘excellent’ and I am glad your stay was comfortable.

The hotel has recently launched its new Bar & Lounge that offers specialty brewed beverages with an assortment of freshly baked treats, pastries, salads & sandwiches, and specialty cakes, also available for take away. This bar lounge serves single malt whiskeys, wines and many other international beverages. Apart from the suites offering 2 or 3 bedrooms, we have just launched a range of new single rooms on level 28 offering modern amenities and amazing views of the Ocean and city skyline.