“Very good service level”

Hilton Colombo Residence
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Colombo
Zurich
“Very good service level”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The outstanding asset of this hotel is certainly the staff. Very friendly, helpful and noticing the slightest detail like a piece of cutlery falling to the floor, replacing it instantly. This applies to the restaurants, pool area, fitness centre as well as the reception/entrance.

The apartment we had consisted of three bedrooms, two baths, a living room and a kitchen. Overall not the most modern setting but everything was working and very clean. The A/C was a bit noisy in two rooms, funny enough without us telling it was serviced the second day.

Although not initially booked we decided to have breakfast at the hotel and it was a real treat. You could do a world-breakfast-trip given the vast variety, from continental to american, indian and sri lankan. Freshly prepared omelettes, pan cakes, dosa, hoppers, eggs, no shortage at all.

Again, rarely have we had such friendly and attentive staff and it makes this hotel worthwhile.

1 Thank Birststrasse
GeneralManagerHCR, General Manager at Hilton Colombo Residence, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Birststrasse,

It is a joy to read such a lovely review commending my Team at Hilton Colombo Residences; I’m so delighted to read your comments about how they are the reason that makes this hotel worthwhile! Please accept my sincere thanks for such kind words. I’m happy to read that the Team Members in the reception, restaurants, and fitness areas were attentive towards your needs.

Apart from the suites offering 2 or 3 bedrooms, we have just launched a range of new single rooms on level 28 offering modern amenities and amazing views of the Ocean and city skyline. Where the suites are best suited for groups or families staying for a longer duration, the single rooms are built keeping the modern business traveler in mind.

The hotel has recently launched its new Bar & Lounge that offers specialty brewed beverages with an assortment of freshly baked treats, pastries, salads & sandwiches, and specialty cakes, also available for take away. This bar lounge serves single malt whiskeys, wines and many other international beverages.

Once again, I thank you for your recommendation on Tripadvisor; please do not hesitate to contact me directly on karim.schadlou@hilton.com. My Team and I look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels bring you to Sri Lanka.

Karim Schadlou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The highlight of this hotel is the staff. They're friendly, helpful and will jump through fire to get things done for you. Without them Hilton Residencies is just another hotel . The rooms have amazing views of the city and the location of the hotel makes it very easy to get around.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GeneralManagerHCR, General Manager at Hilton Colombo Residence, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Sunaina Y,

What a joy to read such a lovely review commending my Team at Hilton Colombo Residences; I’m so motivated to read your comments about how they are the highlight of the hotel and without them HCR is just another hotel! Please accept my sincere thanks for such kind words.

Apart from the suites offering 2 or 3 bedrooms, we have just launched a range of new single rooms on level 28 offering modern amenities and amazing views of the Ocean and city skyline. Next month, the hotel will launch its new bar lounge area as well. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We took 3 bedroom suite for 5 adults. Living area was huge with LCD TV.
Kitchen is seprated but good size.
Rooms are not too much spacious and not luxurious.
Staff is really very cooperative, even when we booked three separate room for our stay they change it to one 3 bedroom suite without charging any thing for changing booking.

Room Tip: Chosse wooden flooring rooms
Dear Shikha M,

Thank you for your review commending my Team at Hilton Colombo Residences, I am glad to know that they were able to assist you with the booking process.

Apart from the suites offering 2 or 3 bedrooms, we have just launched a range of new single rooms on level 28 offering modern amenities and amazing views of the Ocean and city skyline. There is significant renovation and updates taking place in the suites, starting from the top most floors, cascading downwards.

Once again, I thank you for your recommendation on Tripadvisor; please do not hesitate to contact me directly on karim.schadlou@hilton.com for any other matter. My Team and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Excellent food choice the chef Ashwini cooks like home food (Indian) best Indian food in Colombo
Personalised service by restaurant managers namely Harsha and Ruwan.
The front office team is warm and willing to help

Room Tip: Rooms above 15th floor have excellent view and good breeze flowing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Neeraj S
Dear Neeraj S,

First, I would like to thank you for your wonderful comment to acknowledging Chef Ashwini, Harsha and Ruwan from my Team; I will share these comments with the Team and I am sure they will be thrilled to read your responses.

In the month of July, Hilton Colombo Residences appointed Chef Ashwini Kumar as the hotel’s resident chef who will specialize in Indian cuisine for in room dining, restaurants, banquets and outdoor catering sections.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The 2 bedroom/2 bath suites are spacious and comfortable. The pool is fantastic. The tennis court and workout facility are an added bonus. The hotel is undergoing updates to all of its suites. We stayed in an updated/refurbished room and the changes to the decor and bathrooms (compared to our previous visit 18 months ago) are a big improvement. The service at this hotel, from the folks at the reception to the chefs and the wait staff at the restaurant/pool, is top-notch. As a Diamond member the amenities I received far exceeded my expectations, including a welcome basket of fruits, a bottle of wine, and appetizers that were sent to our room on several occasions.

1 Thank Ram S
Dear Ram S,

First, I would like to thank you for your wonderful comment to acknowledge my Team as ‘top notch’ – such lovely comments are always a pleasure to read and I credit my Team for making your experience at Hilton Colombo Residences a positive one. I also appreciate that you noted the difference in your stay in July compared to your previous one 18 months ago!

HHonors guests are always recognized, and my Team and I strive towards making experience in our hotel truly count. Thank you for your comments on the pool and tennis court too!

Once again, I thank you for your recommendation on Tripadvisor; please do not hesitate to contact me directly on karim.schadlou@hilton.com for any other matter. My Team and I hope to see you soon!

Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is full of cheer leaders from reception to room service. Very dedicated individual and this place is the best because of those people. Just try one time, you will be addicted to them. Hope this place will stay in the same quality and I am keep coming for last 7 years and planning to continue. I can see, many hotels are building around Hilton, but I don't know if they able to offer what HR offer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Techno-0739
Dear Techno-0739,

It gave me great pleasure to read your wonderful review of your stay at Hilton Colombo Residences; I am truly appreciative of your wonderful comments of my Team Members whom you refer to as ‘Cheerleaders’, please rest assured that your comments will be shared with the Team who will be delighted to read your super review.

I am grateful to read that you have been a guest at HCR for seven years and that you plan to continue; the hotel has made significant progress over the last few years.

Apart from the suites offering 2 or 3 bedrooms, we have just launched a range of new single rooms on level 28 offering modern amenities and amazing views of the Ocean and city skyline. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future!

gold coast, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

we really had a great stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms clean, comfortable and very large. Highlights were the breakfast buffet and the Lounge Bar. A particular mention of Oliver who manages the Lounge Bar, he has made it an inviting, relaxed place that has a range of cocktails, spirits etc that are second to none. All up fantastic experience

1 Thank Janelle M
Dear Janelle M,

Thank you so taking time to review your stay at Hilton Colombo Residences; your warm compliment on the services offered by Oliver, restaurant manager for the Bar & Lounge is appreciated. I also thank you for your comments on the cleanliness, comfort, spaciousness of the suite, and the breakfast buffet. I'm glad to note that your overall stay with HCR was positive!

The hotel recently launched its new Bar & Lounge that offers specialty brewed beverages with an assortment of freshly baked treats, pastries, salads & sandwiches, and specialty cakes, also available for take away. This bar lounge serves single malt whiskeys, wines and many other international beverages.

Once again, I thank you for your recommendation on Tripadvisor; please do not hesitate to contact me directly on karim.schadlou@hilton.com for any other matter. I look forward to welcoming yous soon!