“Super great place to stay”

Hilton Colombo Residence
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Colombo
Hertfordshire, UK
“Super great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

A totally great place to stay. Excellent staff with positive attitudes can do. Don't expects 100% rapid service but friendly and a great outcome. Clean and comfortable with daily service. Some upgrading in progress but not intrusive.

Room Tip: Always take the best you can afford.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerHCR, General Manager at Hilton Colombo Residence, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear HengyChat,

Thank you for a great review commending my Team at Hilton Colombo Residences; I’m happy to read that their attitudes were positive – and that it was a great place.

Apart from the suites offering 2 or 3 bedrooms, we have just launched a range of new single rooms on level 28 offering modern amenities and amazing views of the Ocean and city skyline. Where the suites are best suited for groups or families staying for a longer duration, the single rooms are built keeping the modern business traveler in mind.

The hotel has recently launched its new Bar & Lounge that offers specialty brewed beverages with an assortment of freshly baked treats, pastries, salads & sandwiches, and specialty cakes, also available for take away. This bar lounge serves single malt whiskeys, wines and many other international beverages.

Once again, I thank you for your recommendation on Tripadvisor; please do not hesitate to contact me directly on karim.schadlou@hilton.com. My Team and I look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels bring you to Sri Lanka.

Karim Schadlou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Hilton Residence in Colombo on July 31 and August 1. I'm a Hilton Honors Diamond member so we were upgraded to a Penthouse on the 32nd floor. There were 3 bedrooms, a full kitchen, dining room and living room as well as 3 bathrooms. The penthouse was great but the staff at this property was even better. Everyone was very accommodating. We had absolutely no issues. We will be back again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sesha R,

Thank you for a great review commending my Team at Hilton Colombo Residences; I’m happy to read that the Team was accommodating with your requests. I am very appreciative of these comments; I will definitely pass them on to everyone who will be equally touched.

Toora, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

My friend and I stayed in a Suite for 2 nights in early July. We received a warm welcome and speedy check in, Our Suite was spacious, comfortable and well equipped however we booked this room for the so called 'balcony'........a tiny bit of concrete with no seating and which to gain access we had to first call a member of staff to unlock it & sign a waiver in case of an accident. For the price of the room this really wasn't up to scratch. The pool area was lovely for a dip, snacks/lunch and to enjoy a cocktail or 2 (the Mojito's are yummy). Breakfast was incredible in terms of the vast array on offer, service and quality. Another quibble I have is the lack of a knowledgeable and up to date concierge (good ones are worth their weight in gold in my books). An example is we asked for a traditional Sri Lankan restaurant recommendation. The Front Desk staff gave us directions to a place which had moved address 8 months earlier, thankfully a tuk tuk driver off the street knew the new address. We also had problems ascertaining the best place to buy train tickets to Kandy and again the information was incorrect. An internationally recognised brand such as the Hilton really should do better in my opinion. On the whole we enjoyed our stay but had reservations about some important aspects of it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank misskja
Dear misskja,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Hilton Colombo Residences, I am glad you found your suite spacious and comfortable. I appreciate your comments on the breakfast buffet – it is known to be a favourite in Colombo!

The balcony windows are kept locked as there are many families traveling with children; these measures are taken to ensure that safety and security of our guests are prioritized. As for the concierge and travel information, I am sorry to hear that you had this experience. Your comments will be brought up with the relevant Team Manager.

Apart from the suites offering 2 or 3 bedrooms, we have launched a range of new single rooms on level 28 offering modern amenities and amazing views of the Ocean and city skyline. Where the suites are best suited for groups or families staying for a longer duration, the single rooms are built keeping the modern business traveler in mind.

Zurich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The outstanding asset of this hotel is certainly the staff. Very friendly, helpful and noticing the slightest detail like a piece of cutlery falling to the floor, replacing it instantly. This applies to the restaurants, pool area, fitness centre as well as the reception/entrance.

The apartment we had consisted of three bedrooms, two baths, a living room and a kitchen. Overall not the most modern setting but everything was working and very clean. The A/C was a bit noisy in two rooms, funny enough without us telling it was serviced the second day.

Although not initially booked we decided to have breakfast at the hotel and it was a real treat. You could do a world-breakfast-trip given the vast variety, from continental to american, indian and sri lankan. Freshly prepared omelettes, pan cakes, dosa, hoppers, eggs, no shortage at all.

Again, rarely have we had such friendly and attentive staff and it makes this hotel worthwhile.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Birststrasse
Dear Birststrasse,

It is a joy to read such a lovely review commending my Team at Hilton Colombo Residences; I’m so delighted to read your comments about how they are the reason that makes this hotel worthwhile! Please accept my sincere thanks for such kind words. I’m happy to read that the Team Members in the reception, restaurants, and fitness areas were attentive towards your needs.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

The highlight of this hotel is the staff. They're friendly, helpful and will jump through fire to get things done for you. Without them Hilton Residencies is just another hotel . The rooms have amazing views of the city and the location of the hotel makes it very easy to get around.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GeneralManagerHCR, General Manager at Hilton Colombo Residence, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Sunaina Y,

What a joy to read such a lovely review commending my Team at Hilton Colombo Residences; I’m so motivated to read your comments about how they are the highlight of the hotel and without them HCR is just another hotel! Please accept my sincere thanks for such kind words.

Apart from the suites offering 2 or 3 bedrooms, we have just launched a range of new single rooms on level 28 offering modern amenities and amazing views of the Ocean and city skyline. Next month, the hotel will launch its new bar lounge area as well. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We took 3 bedroom suite for 5 adults. Living area was huge with LCD TV.
Kitchen is seprated but good size.
Rooms are not too much spacious and not luxurious.
Staff is really very cooperative, even when we booked three separate room for our stay they change it to one 3 bedroom suite without charging any thing for changing booking.

Room Tip: Chosse wooden flooring rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Shikha M,

Thank you for your review commending my Team at Hilton Colombo Residences, I am glad to know that they were able to assist you with the booking process.

Apart from the suites offering 2 or 3 bedrooms, we have just launched a range of new single rooms on level 28 offering modern amenities and amazing views of the Ocean and city skyline. There is significant renovation and updates taking place in the suites, starting from the top most floors, cascading downwards.

Once again, I thank you for your recommendation on Tripadvisor; please do not hesitate to contact me directly on karim.schadlou@hilton.com for any other matter. My Team and I hope to welcome you back soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Excellent food choice the chef Ashwini cooks like home food (Indian) best Indian food in Colombo
Personalised service by restaurant managers namely Harsha and Ruwan.
The front office team is warm and willing to help

Room Tip: Rooms above 15th floor have excellent view and good breeze flowing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Neeraj S
Dear Neeraj S,

First, I would like to thank you for your wonderful comment to acknowledging Chef Ashwini, Harsha and Ruwan from my Team; I will share these comments with the Team and I am sure they will be thrilled to read your responses.

In the month of July, Hilton Colombo Residences appointed Chef Ashwini Kumar as the hotel’s resident chef who will specialize in Indian cuisine for in room dining, restaurants, banquets and outdoor catering sections.