We stayed in this hotel in the last leg of our Sri Lanka trip. I must say, the location is one of the best for any city hotel. Even though our recetion was pedestrian but we stayed in a upgraded Luxary Ocean View room with a breathtaking view. We witnessed the sunset over Indian Ocean from our balcony sipping a cup of ceylon tea and the experience was magical. But for the view, the room was modest and the bathroom with yellow tinted and black stained floor, was a big No No for anyone. Perhaps the room needs a bit of renovation. The room decor was good but the smelly mat (carpet?) was a downside. We were offered a bigger room but not on the ocean side and so we didn't go there. The staffs were polite, well behaved and a good listner but the service was a bit sloppy.
The reception and lobby area were opulent and there were a few excellent restaurents. The breakfast at Latitude was really really good but the best food served in our whole trip was here at the Golden Dragon Chinese restaurant. The ambience was great and the food was delicious.
We did take a round around the hotel and the landscaped garden and lawn were elegant. The best part was the location of the hotel. We had a great morning walk on the clean and beautiful promenade and a few minutes walk along the pavement, we did enter in to the shopping area with plenty to choose from.
Mr Chand, the Taj Executive really helped us for everything and the best of all was the extended stay we enjoyed in this sprawling hotel. A very good stay at the end and the hotel is indeed a traveler's delight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj Samudra Colombo is located in the heart of the Colombo city, overlooking the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. The most stylish Executive category rooms are by far the best in design and comfort in the city of Colombo. Taj Samudra offers the following choice of food & beverage outlets - Latitude - all day dining restaurant serving Buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a a choice of la carte specialties Navratna - Specialty Indian Restaurant catering to North Indian flavors Golden Dragon - Authentic Chinese Cuisine with a specialty in Sichuan Cuisine, YUMI - Japanese resto bar with live entertainment from Thursday through Saturday,live sports and best of live entertainment over weekends, Lobby Lounge - Unwind over a snack, dessert or a quiet drink. In Room Dining - 24 hour room service Keeping in line with the changing times, Taj Samudra retains the colonial charm, heritage value, sense of space, privacy and luxuries for our esteemed guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Taj Samudra Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Samudra Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Taj Samudra Hotel Colombo
- Colombo Taj Samudra Hotel