We arrived in Colombo on a very rainy day in early Sept 2011, we were met at the airport by the hotels contracted transport driver who was very good with our baggage and had an umbrella for us as we waited for him to get everything settled in the vehicle, very good start to the trip! I cannot say enough about the customer service we received from this property, staff were falling over themselves to help you from the front desk and concierge to the gardening and pool staff, they were all excellent and very helpful. I had some business to take care off which left my wife alone at the hotel for a few hours for the first 2 days of our stay, my wife commented to me that the staff were amazing! I booked a King Suite which they were not able to give us, instead they gave us a triple upgrade to the 3rd biggest suite in the hotel which was simply gorgeous, with beautiful views of the harbor and the ocean, it made for such a nice stay and included of course access to the Hilton executive lounge with free cocktails and appetizers daily, as well as a full breakfast every morning. The nice thing about this was we got to know the staff working this floor very well and they helped us with planning our outings in and around the city with their local knowledge! The only drawback I would say about this property is the location of the fitness club and pool, it was a bit of a route march to get there, but the walk was probably good for us both anyway! It was much better that the Cinnamon Grand Hotel up the road which we stayed in later in out holiday and I will review later on. I plan on returning and without a doubt will use this property again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded the title of Sri Lanka’s Leading Hotel and Sri Lanka’s Leading Business Hotel at the World Travel Awards, this Colombo hotel is centrally located in Colombo’s business district. With a range of accommodation, from guest rooms and executive rooms to suites, this hotel in Colombo offers stunning views over the Indian Ocean. For relaxation and business alike, Guests will enjoy the endless luxurious accommodations we have to offer. • Only hotel with a connecting bridge to The World Trade Centre • Largest pillar-less ballroom in the city • Signature chefs from Italy, Japan, India, China, Australia and Sri Lanka • Located in the heart of Colombo • Equipped with a gym, pool, karaoke bar and signature restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Hilton International Colombo
- Colombo Hilton International