“Excellent service”
Review of Hilton Colombo

Ranked #12 of 54 Hotels in Colombo
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It was my first stint in Sri Lanka, and I was very glad Hilton was the hotel chosen for me to stay in. I was met at the arrival gate and greeted by the very friendly driver. Almost immediately, I was ushered into the waiting cab, given fresh towels and a cold bottle of water. The drive was entertaining as upon learning that it was my first visit, the driver gave me insights into Colombo.

Upon arrival at the hotel, I was checked in very quickly and brought up to my room by the very friendly hotel staff. As we were speaking, he found out that I was an avid football fan and was looking forward to watching the Germany vs France match that night. Quite quickly, he offered to get me a room with a flat screen tv. The room he led me to next, was on the executive level. Suffice to say, I was thoroughly impressed by the excellent service rendered.

The breakfast buffet was also yummy. I definitely have no complains and would highly recommend the Hilton.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
HiltonColombo_GM, General Manager at Hilton Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

The pleasure was ours to welcome you to Hilton Colombo!

I am pleased that my team made you feel comfortable and well looked after while you were with us.

We hope that you do visit us again and we look forward to extending our Sri Lankan hospitality to you should you return to Colombo.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Colombo

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very friendly and well managed business hotel. Clean rooms with all the facilities u might need, like iron, iron board. Now a day, quite rare to find them in the rooms. In short, very well fitted rooms, with ample hugh pillows, more then enough towels and toileties. Though this hotel is built in 1987, it is well constructed with quality fittings and very well maintained since. Rates are reasonable and value for money. A good place to rest also, after heavy meetings or travellng around Sri Lanka

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Colombo.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed the services and facilities and your kind comments are much appreciated.

The Hilton Colombo is planned to undergo a renovation/refurbishment in the near future with minimum inconvenience to our guests.

Thank you once again for your ongoing support and we look forward to welcoming you on your future visits.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Service is of great passion and commitment from staff, quite surprised and amazed some of the staff can actually speaks chinese. Food is great with multi varieties and fresh. Transportation to local entertainment are well arranged. The hotel rooms are clean and worth the value paying for.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for your kind comments and the fine sentiments expressed within.

We are delighted that you have utilized and enjoyed the services & facilities of our hotel during your stay with us.

We are indeed encouraged by your laudatory comments and the feeling of having a job well done.

We thank you for being our guests and the support extended. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

my experience at hotel hilton colombo was great...you all may stay this hotel once u reach colombo....everything is strived to make at its extreme quality....hotel services are awesome...i strongly suggest this hotel for your stay...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonColombo_GM, General Manager at Hilton Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you very much for your comments and delighted that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We are pleased that you have utilized and enjoyed the services and facilties and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your future visits.

Thank you once again for your support.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I wrote a review a couple of years ago about how awful the service was....well, now the service has improved greatly. We go there for brunch on Sundays and are pleased with how fast the service , quality and ready smiles can be. I have not been in their rooms of late so can not say if they have improved at all but last time they wee a it dated. The location is fabulous - just a walk away from the sea.

Room Tip: Chose a room overlooking the sea!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your insights from your recent visit to the Hilton Colombo. We always appreciate hearing back from our guests.

I am pleased that you felt comfortable and well taken care of while you were with us.

Thank you once again for the ongiong support of the Hilton Colombo and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Very grandiose and impressive lobby and a collection of in-house restaurants. There is free wifi but only in the lobby and restaurant areas. In your room you have to pay per hour up to max of 48hrs. Really really annoying and backward for business visitors in 2014. It is not particularly cheap either and if you use the wireless rather than the cable on the desk then it keeps dropping out. It wasn't just me - I heard another customer complaining at the front desk about his room wireless access doing the same. Most incredibly is the provision of a single standard three pin electrical socket in the room. This is next to the desk and is being used by the desk lamp. So unless you unplug the lamp there is nowhere to plug in your laptop, phone charger etc. The socket for the TV is out of reach behind a large cabinet and the lamps in the room use a different socket type. So I was unable to use my laptop anywhere other than the desk and I had to work in the dark (the rooms are not greatly lit anyway) as I had to unplug the lamp. Still can't really believe it! For my last couple of days I moved to the Galle Face Hotel and it was much more attractive. Free wifi everywhere, very atmospheric and charming, excellent service and food and much more social than the Hilton corporate model.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for reviwing your recent Hilton Colombo experience.

We appreciate your feedback on our internet connectivity which are being addressed and reviewed.

Thank you once again for the support.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Booked a last minute couple of days after staying further south In Kalutara. As a diamond member, was upgraded and had access to executive lounge however the room was very dated - like something out of the 1980s. I understand there is a refurbishment programme ongoing and the sooner this is completed the better as it does really impact on the stay. That being said, the staff were very friendly and the service levels high. Tried a number of restaurants in the hotel too and despite busy, the food and service was excellent. The fitness area and pool were great too. Despite the outdated room, a good Hilton hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments which are well taken.

We are pleased that you have utilized and enjoyed most of our services and glad that you enjoyed the cuisine.

Yes, we are embarking on a renovation/refurbishment very soon and we look forward to providing a revitalized property in the near future to all our guests.

With our very best wishes