We used the Colombo Hilton as our first hotel after arriving in Sri Lanka, for a three night stay. We were due to attend a wedding at the nearby Galle Face Hotel, before staying at four other hotels around the country for our holiday.
The Colombo Hilton was almost perfect. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Even though we were only there for three nights, the staff (particularly at reception, the liftman and at the Executive Lounge) made a real effort to chat to us and seemed genuinely interested in our plans.
The Executive Lounge is small, but perfectly equipped, and the views are stupendous.
We were given an Executive Room overlooking the port side at first. An interesting view, but we really wanted to overlook the sea, and so a few moments later we were swiftly moved into a room overlooking the sea.
The room was normal sized, and had all normal facilities. My slight criticism is that the room was more traditional than the usual Hilton brand would suggest,, but pleasant nonetheless.
The real highlight of this hotel is the facilities. It has everything on site, including a gym, outdoor swimming pool and massage rooms (accessible via a short bridge), a beauty salon, a few shops for essentials and for souvenirs, and a number of restaurants.
It was at the main restaurant (where you also have your buffet breakfast) that we found this hotel's main attraction. The breakfast contained a lot of choice - juices, breads, sri lankan and western cooked breakfasts, japanese food, pastries. The evening choice here is also a buffet, and contains such a wide and interesting selection of food, that put together with a choice of six other restaurants, you will never get round to eating everything, no matter how many times you dine here!
All in all, I could not fault it.
Having attended the wedding at the Galle Face Hotel, I would recommend the Hilton for its facilities. If it is a more traditional and colonial atmosphere that you would prefer, then the Galle Face Hotel is better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded the title of Sri Lanka’s Leading Hotel and Sri Lanka’s Leading Business Hotel at the World Travel Awards, this Colombo hotel is centrally located in Colombo’s business district. With a range of accommodation, from guest rooms and executive rooms to suites, this hotel in Colombo offers stunning views over the Indian Ocean. For relaxation and business alike, Guests will enjoy the endless luxurious accommodations we have to offer. • Only hotel with a connecting bridge to The World Trade Centre • Largest pillar-less ballroom in the city • Signature chefs from Italy, Japan, India, China, Australia and Sri Lanka • Located in the heart of Colombo • Equipped with a gym, pool, karaoke bar and signature restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Hilton International Colombo
- Colombo Hilton International